GZX01

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:41 AM

Hello

i have not messed with linux muxh on the xbox.. however i am wanting to build an xbox 360 themed jukebox and i think it would be bad ass if the xbox 360 was the power house controlling it.. my question is if i boot into linux on the 360 and plug in a usb touchscreen device that supports linux will the touch screen actually work?

#2 ddxcb

ddxcb

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE(GZX01 @ Apr 15 2012, 06:41 PM) View Post

Hello

i have not messed with linux muxh on the xbox.. however i am wanting to build an xbox 360 themed jukebox and i think it would be bad ass if the xbox 360 was the power house controlling it.. my question is if i boot into linux on the 360 and plug in a usb touchscreen device that supports linux will the touch screen actually work?

Problly not, but the great thing about linux. Open Source, you can make or port the drivers.

#3 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

If the 360 USB drivers are up to snuff and the touchpad's drivers don't require incompatible packages, it should work. However, Linux on the 360 isn't the most up-to-date software, so you'll likely run into some trouble.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users