• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 boots3

boots3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:35 AM

I have a v1.0 xbox modded with an Xecuter 3 ce modchip and X3 3294 bios. I am trying to partition the hdd with Xbpartitioner 1.0 and 1.1. You need to use both because v 1.1 freezes when it sees more than a 1TB partition and 1.1 allows for 64k partitions. I am also using a Sabrent sata to ide converter with a 2TB seagate barracuda green drive. There doesn't appear to be any problems with the hdd or the adapter it boots and works properly without any hitches, a little slow sometimes booting evox or xbmc. The problem I am having is that everytime I turn off the xbox it reverts back to a F: 137 gig partition and G: 1800 gigs or something like that. The 3294 bios also allows hdd locking, so I have if that makes any difference.

When I run xbpartitioner 1.0 and 1.1 the 3294 bios registers it as two 1TB partitions. For some reason Xbmc doesn't see or register the size of the G: drive. But when I restart the xbox it reverts back to F:137gig G:1800gig. I guess what I'm asking is that for those of you that have successfully run a 2TB setup, what chip bios are you using. It could be that I'm missing something simple here but I'm really thinking it might be the bios. Any other compatible bios recommendations out there that are known to work?

Another question I was wondering is what drive partition do you commonly use for booting your dashboards? I tried setting up the C: partition with evox and xbmc and the bootable file is default.xbe for both the programs. Does that create a conflict? 3294 can't seem to find or boot from the settings I have. I'm having to hold the trigger everytime so that 3294 can find the dashboard file. uhh.gif

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

A little bit of reading goes a long way.

This (from the post immediately before yours) might help with your partition problem. A bit more reading of the manual might also help you solve the naming dilemma for your dashboards. Hint: they don't have to be called default.xbe.

Edited by Heimdall, 16 April 2012 - 10:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users