6 replies to this topic

#1 steel102

steel102

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 05:37 PM

1) if using the "bert and ernie" pheonix project thing, would it be ok if i replaced the included dash with administr8or 2002 or infodash?

2) would it be easier just to go the complex loader method? i would like a nice looking GUI, and the ability to use xbcopy/boxplorer.

3) how can i determine what kernel i have. i have a v.10 xbox, bought in december 2002, not sure about manufacturing date but i can check if it helps.

thank you very much. im new to all of this, but i found the various FAQS and guides posted around here very helpful. im hoping this will go sucessfully.

#2 sparkac

sparkac

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 05:50 PM

i don't know much about the exploits because i have never used them but i would recomend getting a modchip instead of using these exploits.

#3 steel102

steel102

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 06:27 PM

well i don't have any plans on ever using xbox live, for online multiplayer i much prefer to use my computer. i want a quick and easy mod, and this seems like the perfect candidate.
for question 1. i got an answer from k-naledge saying you can indeed change the skin. its just a matter of replacing whats in the "skin' folder with whatever i want right? i don't need to change anything in evox.ini right?

#4 sparkac

sparkac

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (steel102 @ Jul 8 2003, 08:27 PM)
well i don't have any plans on ever using xbox live, for online multiplayer i much prefer to use my computer.

you never know, i heard the halo2 xbox live multiplayer is going to be awsome

#5 steel102

steel102

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 11:13 PM

eh we'll see..

can anyone else help me with the other questions?

#6 PuddWakkr

PuddWakkr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 July 2003 - 01:46 AM

There is a whole forum for this. Try in there.

#7 K-Naledge

K-Naledge

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Work in telecommunications, IT Consultant, used to manage www.backup-source.com<br /><br />DC/PSX Scene OG
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 July 2003 - 05:17 AM

1. Yes you can change skins
2. No, complex !loader is much more intensive. This is the best way to get a GUI auto-bootable.
3. If you were able to install this hack, then you had a 4034 kernal wink.gif

Sorry for the short replies, just got in from the beach, mackin' it to the ladies out there (Hampton Beach, to be exact... if you've been there recently.... you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about). I'm dead tired, but to answer these questions that no one has been respectful enough to help with, I have answered them for you. If you need more help, always feel free to PM me or post in my Tutorial thread (stickied)..

smile.gif Peace

K-Nalegde

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users