• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 RussWWFC

RussWWFC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

I turned on my xBox today, and the SoftMod has gone. Looks like the hard drive has been wiped as it says

Hard Drive size: 50000+ blocks
Available: 50000+ blocks

And it now boots into the normal menu. Am I right in thinking that I will now need to redo the softmod?

Seems strange that it just went without me doing anything, just happened out of the blue

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

Which softmod did you use?

What was the last thing you did before turning off the Xbox?

#3 RussWWFC

RussWWFC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

Thanks for your help. The last thing I did before turning it off was play on LMA 2006 (which wasn't very good to be honest)

Anyway, I bought an action replay and tried re-softmodding. Using the same method as last time - Splinter Cell gamesave and AID Disk

But this time instead of loading the installer menu, it just resets the game when I select the "Checkpoints" option on the gamesave

Have tried doing a quick google search which threw up nothing, so maybe I have worded it wrong. I hope someone can help

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

Use a post 2004 Live-enabled game (Halo 2 or later) to restore the MS dash. (Just select the option to play on Xbox Live, the first thing the game should do is update the dash before it tries to connect to Live, and once it has done that you can quit).

Then use the AR to put the Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesave installer onto your Xbox. There are two saves with Splinter Cell, and you need both of them. Load the game, backup the eeprom, select Basic Install - UnleashX Dashboard.

#5 RussWWFC

RussWWFC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

Thanks

I tried that (the updating of the Dashboard via xBox live and I get the "Service Required. Call Customer Support" message

with the code 21

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

That's not good.

Can you still run games?

#7 RussWWFC

RussWWFC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

Yesh, it's fine, all of them work no problem.

Do you have a link to the Krayzie download?

All I have found are fake/dead links and an NTSC version

I will try it and if the worst comes to the worst I can just get a new xBox from my local cash converters (nearly always under a tenner) and then sell my current on on eBay seeing as it works for normal games

#8 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

we cant link you to these files.

but google search for

"KRAZIE Splinter cell 1.1.1 exploit PAL"
With the quotes.
you should then fine ones i uploaded recently

#9 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

Do you have any other Live-enabled games? If you do, try doing the dash update with one of those.

#10 RussWWFC

RussWWFC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

I will have a look and try tomorrow. Also need to try and find the drivers for my action replay, bought just the memory card and reader without a disk

Found and loaded the software, but it doesn't have the drivers with it to my knowledge

#11 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

Try using Xplorer360 beta 6 instead of AR. It doesn't need drivers.

#12 RussWWFC

RussWWFC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

I have downloaded that Explorer360, loads up OK, but unable to see my Action Replay

I have emailed the makers of the action replay requesting drivers, saying that I have lost my CD, hopefully it will come up trumps

#13 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

Remember that until you can get your MS Dash restored AR is no use to you......

#14 RussWWFC

RussWWFC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

OK

So this where I am at present.

Bought a "new" xBox

Quite pleased, as it was fully boxed, came with official pad (which I didn't have previously), instructions, and all the other usual stuff. And it only cost me 6.99

As a side note, in case anyone is reading this, I would update the Dashboard before doing a softmod (I used LMA 2006) Reason why, had loads of problems creating a backup, then got error 13 upon console startup. Luckily I had made a backup of the MS and C:Drive (though the SID told me I hadn't) and I was able to get the MS Dashboard back.

I then updated the dash and all appears fine now. I would however like to put my other xBox back in a softmodded state before I sell it, but will look at doing that later

#15 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

That doesn't sound great. You are almost certainly still in the same precarious position with your new Xbox as you were with your old one.

SID allows you to install a softmod with absolutely no protection against accidentally overwriting the softmod files, which is what happened with your original Xbox. That's why we recommended you use Krayzie 1.1.1, because it always installs a protected softmod with shadow C. It also insists that you have an updated dash before you start.

I would seriously recommend that you do two things. First, take a backup of your eeprom and put it in a safe place. Second, use HeXEn (Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc, burn it to DVD-R at 4x or slower) to update your softmod to Krayzie 1.1.1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users