Backup Not Working Anymore

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ricbox

ricbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Guitar<br />Videogames<br />Music<br />Movies<br />Personal Growth<br />Web Design
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

Hi! I've modded my original Xbox with the Softmod Deluxe Exploit v.2.0, and I've installed the EvoX Dash with its Bios. I've tried to do a backup of a game on a DVD+RW, and it worked! Only for the first playthrough.

If I now insert the DVD into the tray, and load it up with the option "Launch Game/Media From DVD", it doesn't start, even if I copy it to the Hard Drive.

What should I do?

Thanks.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

The Xbox won't read DVD RW reliably (+ or -, makes no difference), as a small amount of searching would have revealed. You have to use DVD-R for best performance from an Xbox DVD drive.

SID 2.0 is extremely old. Use HeXEn to upgrade to Krayzie 1.1.1 for a more stable and better featured softmod.

#3 ricbox

ricbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Guitar<br />Videogames<br />Music<br />Movies<br />Personal Growth<br />Web Design
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Apr 17 2012, 03:23 PM) View Post

The Xbox won't read DVD RW reliably (+ or -, makes no difference), as a small amount of searching would have revealed. You have to use DVD-R for best performance from an Xbox DVD drive.

SID 2.0 is extremely old. Use HeXEn to upgrade to Krayzie 1.1.1 for a more stable and better featured softmod.

I think I've resolved by patching the xbe with Craxtion, I forgot to do that. I'll follow your advice anyway, thanks very much!

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

With a modern softmod you don't need to do any patching.......

....and there's no need to quote the immediately preceding post. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users