1 reply to this topic

#1 dimsteryor

dimsteryor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

Hi there

My controller has a part which is detached from the board. You can see it in the picture. Now the controller can connect to the console but the analogue stick is not working properly. I cant use it basically as it stucks in one direction when its used.

I try to solder it but no luck. Is there a way to repair it? I dont even know what item (transistor?) that is and if I am able to replace it with a new part. Is there anything I can do? Solder a resistor or something in order to replace?

PS. Sorry for the picture quality its from my mobile phone. I will try to shoot a better one with digital camera soon.

http://img571.images.../dsc00008no.jpg
Thank you

#2 TriggerWolf

TriggerWolf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE(dimsteryor @ Apr 17 2012, 11:54 PM) View Post

Hi there
My controller has a part which is detached from the board. You can see it in the picture. Now the controller can connect to the console but the analogue stick is not working properly. I cant use it basically as it stucks in one direction when its used.

I try to solder it but no luck. Is there a way to repair it? I dont even know what item (transistor?) that is and if I am able to replace it with a new part. Is there anything I can do? Solder a resistor or something in order to replace?

PS. Sorry for the picture quality its from my mobile phone. I will try to shoot a better one with digital camera soon.

http://img571.images.../dsc00008no.jpg
Thank you

That's an electrolytic capacitor and if I'm not mistaken it is 100uF/10V. You may get the controller back to work if you replace it with another if you can manage well with soldering SMD components.

Hopefully someone more experienced with the controllers and the xbox components can help you through, better than I.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users