Photo

Am I Doing This Right? (evox Bios Upgrade)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rage2132

Rage2132

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 05:50 PM

First just like to thank Everyone here for a great community that has helped me through my n00biness through tutorials and everything.

My question is right now I bought an Xbox with an Xodus chip and Evox D.2 on it.

The form the program came in was a *.bin, according to the tutorials it should have been a few files and folders and then you tweak them to format your HD. I could not extract anything from this program. So I just xISO'd the Bin and burnt it to a CDRW.

Can i just throw the disc in like this to upgrade or am i doing something wrong?

TIA!
-Rage beerchug.gif

#2 sparkac

sparkac

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 06:42 PM

it looks like the tutorial you found was to upgrade evolution x (the dashboard not the bios) and you have the bios not the dashboard. I think what you want to do is upgrade the bios. First find the bios you want, if it 1 meg in size, ftp the bios onto the xbox on the c drive in a folder called bios. Evolution x has an option in the setings menu that will let you flash the bios. If it is 256k then you need a program like xecuter bios manager (you can find on xbox-scene). copy the same file in all 4 slots (unless you want different bioses), save it then send it to the xbox.

#3 Rage2132

Rage2132

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (sparkac @ Jul 8 2003, 08:42 PM)
it looks like the tutorial you found was to upgrade evolution x (the dashboard not the bios) and you have the bios not the dashboard. I think what you want to do is upgrade the bios. First find the bios you want, if it 1 meg in size, ftp the bios onto the xbox on the c drive in a folder called bios. Evolution x has an option in the setings menu that will let you flash the bios. If it is 256k then you need a program like xecuter bios manager (you can find on xbox-scene). copy the same file in all 4 slots (unless you want different bioses), save it then send it to the xbox.

Yep I am definately confusing them, sorry about that.

So, I can transfer the BIOS like you said through FTP. Then I can flash it with EvoX Dash.

Once that is done then I just burn the new dash? Correct?

Thanks again!
-Rage

#4 sparkac

sparkac

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 06:54 PM

yep thats it and i don't know what you mean by burning a new dash ( if you want to upgrade evoultion x just replace the evoxdash.xbe and evox.ini with the new one with ftp)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users