fatfonzi

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

Help!
Please!

I have been reading and trying to get this 2tb external hd working all week. I think Ive read too much and its now confusing me.

I have an RGH 360 that I wanna use a 2tb extenal usb HD to play and launch all my backups from. I have tried to format it using Acronis and tried EASEus but the xbox doesnt seem to recognize it. BUT that isnt the whole problem. I fomated an 8gb usb stick with xbox to test out 1 game and even though xbox does recognize the usb stick I cant seem to get it right. I dont see where the game is.

I tries using xbox backup creator, and I also tried is iso2god to put it in a god container, still no help.
I did however get xexmenu on my small internal hd by injecting it onto a use stick using usb xtaf

Basically I want to use the external in the same way look and feel as an internal.
Can one or all of you brillliant guys help me out? It doesnt seem that hard but I am definitely missing something.

I really need a step by step from just after opening the HD packaging to launching the game.
I just want to go to games menu and see and launch games like you do with internal.

Thanks to all of you for any help

*EDIT* Oh and it was definately formatted to FAT32

Edited by fatfonzi, 18 April 2012 - 05:51 PM.

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,808 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

The Xbox itself will only see a USB drive that is setup as a memory card and up to 15gb.

Install the latest freeboot onto your internal hard drive then install the latest dashlaunch so your console will boot directly into freestyle dashboard. You can access, run and install games/apps onto your USB hard drive from there.

#3 fatfonzi

fatfonzi

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

I installed freestyle dash and updated dashlaunch after I installed xexmenu. But i didnt know what to do from there.
What exactly do I do after they are installed?
Where in freestyle to i go to launch games? Not showing any , im sure my games arent on hd correctly.
Whats step 1,2,3 etc
i have read but I am missing something something

#4 iwanttheagrocrag

iwanttheagrocrag

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:SMC hacking, TSOP, (Offline) game modification, Case modification, Bacon, America, Monster trucks
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

Damn, i left my camera at work. I have picks of how to do this PHAT and SLIM. Will post tomorrow

Heeeeear we go. Ok get ready for this. Start with THIS POST
Post #103 is all you need to pay attention to for how to wire this up. Got it? Just post #103
Next. Once wired this way. Go on the xbox and go to system settings then storage then format the 2TB hdd.
Thats it!!! Takes 10 seconds!

Now Use iso2god to convert the games and FTP the games over to the 2TB HDD. Put the folder that is outputted from iso2god in the HDD1/content/00000000 folder. The games will now show up in the quicklanch on your mini blade when you do this also. (can switch games from inside another game)

Be back tomorrow to help. GTG 2 bed

#5 fatfonzi

fatfonzi

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE(iwanttheagrocrag @ Apr 19 2012, 12:58 AM) View Post

THIS POST
Post #103 is all you need to pay attention to for how to wire this up. Got it? Just post #103

I appreciate the advice but I would like to do this without anymore modifications.

Can anyone help?

#6 vermilion

vermilion

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

I had some trouble setting up my 1TB external drive . This is what I did to fix my problem.

Connect the drive to your 360 and format the drive so that it can be used on the 360. I formatted 512MB of the drive. After this your external drive should show up as usb device in your dash. The device will only show 512MB but that's ok . The rest of your 2TB can be used to store games .

Next add a game to you hard drive by connecting it to your PC. I use games created with ISO2GOD . Connect the hard drive to your 360 and start up freestyle dash. Go into the setting and set up a scan path to allow FSD to scan your hard drive on start up . NOTE you may have to do a manual scan each time a new game is added. For me sometimes I have to do it a couple of times.

You should then be able to locate the game in FDS and play it.

#7 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

try this: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=742270

Use the full size of your 2tb and keep your internal as well.

#8 fatfonzi

fatfonzi

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

Is There an easier way to set up a 360 with an external hd without doing anymore modifications?
I mean this would be perfect!
thx

#9 ps2moduk

ps2moduk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE(fatfonzi @ Apr 30 2012, 04:35 PM) View Post

Is There an easier way to set up a 360 with an external hd without doing anymore modifications?
I mean this would be perfect!
thx

Plug in the drive, format from storage in the nxe dash and voila a 2tb drive (Minus a 16gb partition for save games). Only handy for RGH/JTAG though.

#10 vermilion

vermilion

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE(ps2moduk @ Apr 30 2012, 12:00 PM) View Post

Plug in the drive, format from storage in the nxe dash and voila a 2tb drive (Minus a 16gb partition for save games). Only handy for RGH/JTAG though.

Yeah what he said

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users