X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Everything there is to do with Microsoft Xbox's
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

Hi guys,just thought i'd share some info regards my current backups.I've had my Lite-On IHAS124 rev B drive a few months now and i've used a few various brands of blank DVD/DL disks.From Verbatims,DataWrite and now Aone Plus disks.
Because Maplin Electronics are quite expense for their blank media (DL have rocketed in price from them)and my local small computer shops only order stock in when it's requested (2-5 days waiting time) i had a look on good old Ebay and found these Aone Plus media.6.99 for a spool of 25x and 14 for 50x,so i took a gamble and bought some.
Now when using the latest Imageburn i got 2 bad burns on these Aone Plus,so i tried CloneCD and was well impressed,i've had no bad burns what so ever with my backups,even with the latest XDG3 games.They burn and playback spot on.
So anyone in the UK,get these disks off Ebay,cos you can't go wrong with them,there a bargain :)

#2 dougiegillam

dougiegillam

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Computing,cycling, running
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE(evertonman67 @ Apr 19 2012, 12:52 AM) View Post

Hi guys,just thought i'd share some info regards my current backups.I've had my Lite-On IHAS124 rev B drive a few months now and i've used a few various brands of blank DVD/DL disks.From Verbatims,DataWrite and now Aone Plus disks.
Because Maplin Electronics are quite expense for their blank media (DL have rocketed in price from them)and my local small computer shops only order stock in when it's requested (2-5 days waiting time) i had a look on good old Ebay and found these Aone Plus media.6.99 for a spool of 25x and 14 for 50x,so i took a gamble and bought some.
Now when using the latest Imageburn i got 2 bad burns on these Aone Plus,so i tried CloneCD and was well impressed,i've had no bad burns what so ever with my backups,even with the latest XDG3 games.They burn and playback spot on.
So anyone in the UK,get these disks off Ebay,cos you can't go wrong with them,there a bargain smile.gif

Sorry but truncating your ISO backups is not a 100% method. The only way is to use IMGBURN/VERBS using verify to burn a complete image (XGD3)

#3 barloue

barloue

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE(dougiegillam @ Apr 19 2012, 07:08 AM) View Post

The only way is to use IMGBURN/VERBS using verify to burn a complete image (XGD3)

not true dougie I personally use AONE full face printables for my XGD3 backups and apart from the first 2 or 3 when I was tweaking the settings in IMGBURN I get 100% verified burns EVERY time.

Edited by barloue, 19 April 2012 - 06:17 PM.

#4 dougiegillam

dougiegillam

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Computing,cycling, running
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE(barloue @ Apr 19 2012, 06:15 PM) View Post

not true dougie I personally use AONE full face printables for my XGD3 backups and apart from the first 2 or 3 when I was tweaking the settings in IMGBURN I get 100% verified burns EVERY time.

Sorry but still stand by what i said. And verbs are still the only 100% brand of media endorsed by C4eva. Good luck with your A0ne.

#5 evertonman67

evertonman67

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Everything there is to do with Microsoft Xbox's
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

I've had a lot more wasted Verbatims than DataWrite or Aone Plus disks though and that's including my Playstation 2 backups.So personaly i think that Verbs are just too expensive to go wasting a lot of money on ( Maplin Electronics charge 39.99 for a spool of 25x) i know C4Eva recommends them for XDG3 backups but some of us just can't afford the high prices

#6 dasjones

dasjones

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

I've used many types of media and ids and had sucess with burning and verifying most of them apart from two ids all other burned, verified and played ok, no issues after months of testing and playing.

#7 mouseym

mouseym

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE(dougiegillam @ Apr 19 2012, 08:08 AM) View Post

Sorry but truncating your ISO backups is not a 100% method. The only way is to use IMGBURN/VERBS using verify to burn a complete image (XGD3)

Where does he mention he is truncating ANYTHING?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users