• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 bisky

bisky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

Hi, I`m a Noob, and would appreciate one of you experts to confirm I`m going in the right direction. I just want to flash the drive so it`ll play backups.

Ive just dismantled my Xbox 360 slim to find out what drive I have. I believe its a "Slim LiteOn DG-16D4S" with "FW 0401" - attached pic if someone could confirm whether I`m right or wrong.

IPB Image

Am I right in thinking I need modified firmware "C4E's iXtreme LTplus v3.0 for SLIM Lite-On"

Since I have no hardware other than my laptop I`m thinking of purchasing :

X360USB PRO MEGA BUNDLE #1
Kit Includes:

TX X360USB PRO (with case)
TX CK3i (New)
TX CK3 PROBE 3
TX XT ADAPTER
TX UNLOCK KIT V2 (PHAT MODELS)

Is this the best option? Also is their a good tutorial on flashing with this modified fw and the xbox360usb? is it jungleflasher I use?

Hopefully with all Ive wrote you`ll understand that Ive done my best to read as much as I can before posting, I just dont want to jump in with both feet before getting a little help.

thanks in advance.

#2 mouseym

mouseym

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE(bisky @ Apr 20 2012, 10:04 PM) View Post
Hi, I`m a Noob, and would appreciate

X360USB PRO MEGA BUNDLE #1
Kit Includes:

• TX X360USB PRO (with case)
• TX CK3i (New)
• TX CK3 PROBE 3
• TX XT ADAPTER
• TX UNLOCK KIT V2 (PHAT MODELS)

Is this the best option? Also is their a good tutorial on flashing with this modified fw and the xbox360usb? is it jungleflasher I use?

Hopefully with all Ive wrote you`ll understand that Ive done my best to read as much as I can before posting, I just dont want to jump in with both feet before getting a little help.

thanks in advance.

First off, you are correct, it is a 0401 drive and it is indeed hackable.

From the MEGA BUNDLE, the probe 3, XT adapter and unlock kit are completely useless to you.

You need the x360usb pro, the ck3i isn't entirely necessary, you could get away with a ck3 mini and an external molex power supply.

You will also need something like a Team-Xecuter replacement PCB, although i believe there is also another similar one made by some company whose name i forget. Unless you want to go down the road of unlocking your board, which is a pain in the ass.

Edit: A more appropriate kit would be http://www.ck3.co.uk...a-bundle-3.html from whatever site you choose along with an unlocked Team-Xecuter PCB.

Edited by mouseym, 20 April 2012 - 10:19 PM.

#3 bisky

bisky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

Thanks alot for the super quick reply mouseym, I really appreciate it. I will indeed order from the link you posted, thanks alot for that, I would of ended up paying for more than I needed.

Could you explain a bit of what the Team-Xecuter replacement PCB is and where I get it please, I`m a bit confused on that part.

Also, when you mention unlocking my board, what does that mean? and what benefits would I have from doing this?

thanks again for the help.

#4 mouseym

mouseym

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE(bisky @ Apr 20 2012, 10:37 PM) View Post
Thanks alot for the super quick reply mouseym, I really appreciate it. I will indeed order from the link you posted, thanks alot for that, I would of ended up paying for more than I needed.

Could you explain a bit of what the Team-Xecuter replacement PCB is and where I get it please, I`m a bit confused on that part.

Also, when you mention unlocking my board, what does that mean? and what benefits would I have from doing this?

thanks again for the help.

http://www.ck3.co.uk...cement_pcb.html

the alternative is called the matrix freedom replacement pcb.

After you read your DVD key from your drive, you need to write the new firmware to it, but slim drives are locked after an update not too long ago. So, you need to open up your drive and fit in this replacement board. It's completely solder less, but can get fiddly with stripping wires. I'm sure there are how-to videos on youtube somewhere.

Unlocking the board will allow you to keep your original PCB, but will mean either drilling into the chip or cutting traces and soldering.

#5 40_ounce

40_ounce

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

Download jungleflasher and start getting familiar with the Tutorial. It will give you step by step instructions.

#6 bisky

bisky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

Thanks again mate, oooooh didnt know I needed one of them, glad you saved me from buying that mega bundle now since the replacement PCB is gonna cost me an extra 50. Should I get the Matrix one if I can find it cheaper or is it best to stick with that one?

Ive just googled it and I`m sure I`m capable of removing the pcb and fitting the replacement. Is it just a case of disconnecting 3 ribbons and cutting 5 wires? Do I cut them or desolder them? plus do I have to solder the wires on to the replacement PCB?

Another thing I`m a bit confused about is what I do after Ive connected the replacement PCB, it says "All replacement boards are shipped blank. You must program your consoles correct firmware version and drive key.".

Is that difficult to do?

Cheers mate

#7 mouseym

mouseym

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE(bisky @ Apr 20 2012, 11:27 PM) View Post
Thanks again mate, oooooh didnt know I needed one of them, glad you saved me from buying that mega bundle now since the replacement PCB is gonna cost me an extra 50. Should I get the Matrix one if I can find it cheaper or is it best to stick with that one?

Ive just googled it and I`m sure I`m capable of removing the pcb and fitting the replacement. Is it just a case of disconnecting 3 ribbons and cutting 5 wires? Do I cut them or desolder them? plus do I have to solder the wires on to the replacement PCB?

Another thing I`m a bit confused about is what I do after Ive connected the replacement PCB, it says "All replacement boards are shipped blank. You must program your consoles correct firmware version and drive key.".

Is that difficult to do?

Cheers mate

If you can find the matrix one for cheaper go for it, should work fine. Not sure if the matrix one is solder less however.

Disconnect 3 ribbons, unscrew the board and cut the 5 wires away from the board.

You do not need to solder at all with the TX PCB, the 5 wires get screwed into a separate board which connects to the main PCB.

If you look at this at the top of the board there are 5 wires with a connector, these connect to the little board he is holding in his right hand this board fits neatly at the motor end of the DVD Drive and the 5 wires from the motor and drive go into the small pcb (put into the small slots and screwed down).

When it comes to the PCB replacement, you will be at the JungleFlasher screen that writes the firmware to the board with your key, so it's a simple case of hitting write and the board will be updated with the correct firmware.

#8 bisky

bisky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

Right I think I`m clued up as much as I can be without actually getting started with it, so I`m going to order all the parts youve suggested and I`m gonna stick with the TX PCB.

Thanks for all the help mate, you have helped me alot and I now feel confident enough to do the job.

Cheers again mate, will post back on how I get on.

@ 40_ounce, cheers for the comment mate, Ive read through the jungleflasher tut a few times but I was a bit unsure of a few things, mouseym has sorted them for me.cheers

#9 bisky

bisky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

Ive received the parts today and I`m currently replacing the PCB, I`m just worried about where to stick the little connector that comes with the replacement PCB(The part the coloured wires go to). I dont want to put it anywhere that is a moving part if you understand what I mean. Where is best to stick it?

cheers

#10 bisky

bisky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

Doesnt matter I found a pic of where someone else put it.

Think its all done, everything seemed to go as planned. The xbox is back together and playing my games, havent got any Dual Layer dvds yet so cant test whether backups of my games will work.

I have normal DVD-5 dvds, is there anything I can download to test if it works?

cheers

Edited by bisky, 24 April 2012 - 01:53 PM.

#11 bisky

bisky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

Ok Ive received the Dual Layer DVD+R and burnt my first game. It worked perfectly, however the xbox is saying I need to perform an update or I will not be able to play the game.

Is this safe or will this revert my drive back to official firmware?

thanks for any help.

#12 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:54 AM

I don't know if this update is 13599 or 13604 it may revert it back to stock.

#13 bisky

bisky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE(deilzfcjk @ May 1 2012, 10:54 AM) View Post

I don't know if this update is 13599 or 13604 it may revert it back to stock.

My dashboard says 2.0.14699.0 at the momment

#14 bisky

bisky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

looks like ive got to revert back to stock firmware, where do i get this for Lite-on 0401?

cheer

#15 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

The LT+ Firmware Pack should have original firmware as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users