Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

This mod is a MUST DO!! This mod will allow you to hook up any size hard drive (Currently tested 500gb) as the Internal Memory unit on a 4GB Xbox360 Slim Console. And the real kicker is it can be a Reset Glitch Hack console or a Stock Console on Xbox Live (Use at your own risk). I show a video of the mod here in action after I installed it. The original mod was discovered and created by “T3CH Warrior”. Serious credit goes to him for sharing his findings and tests.

I do not believe in cutting the case or any serious cuts cause I like mine to look as stock as possible.

First you will need a USB Extension cable that you are willing to cut up.
next you will need a 15 watt soldering iron flux and solder.

Now you want to take your Xbox360 Slim apart

IPB Image

IPB Image

If you currently have a 4gb Internal memory module you will need to unplug it. (Make sure you get your files off it and put on another device before you remove it.)

Now you will need to run the half of your extension cable that is female through the side pieces of the case and through the hole near the Internal Wireless adapter. (I had to make the hole a little larger with a screw driver)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Now you will need to prep your wiring to be soldered to the correct spots on the 360 main board and of course you will want to hot glue the wires to secure them. Here is the wiring Diagram:

IPB Image

And here is what mine looked like when I completed the soldering:

IPB Image

Now once this is completed I recommend testing the connector and if all tests ok then you can reassemble your Xbox360 Slim. As the picture shows it will show the plug hanging out. I used double sided tape to hold my cygnos360 switch and now the usb plug for this mod. Works great.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

And that’s it. You are now done. You can now use any hard drive and it will show up were the 4GB Memory Unit was showing. When you first plug the hard drive in and go to the Storage section it will show as “Unformatted”, If you have anything on the hard drive or memory card make sure you back it up cause the data could be erased when the 360 Formats it. I tested this on my Stock nand as you can see from the video and also on my RGH nand and it works on both. Use on Xbox Live at your own risk. We never know what Microsoft will look for when banning a console. I am currently using mine on the Stock Xbox Live Dash with no problems as of today since I did the mod.

If you do this mod and you are using a 250GB console or Special Edition Console and you cannot see the internal memory in your storage area then you may have a KV on your console that has the Internal Memory unit disabled. If this is the case you will need to Reset Glitch Hack your console and use a keyvault from a 4gb slim to build your new RGH image so it will be enabled. However you cannot go on Xbox Live with RGH consoles.

Big +REP and Thank you to "tom_cranks" for showing this mod to us and helping to get it out there.

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:13 AM

Absolutely sick. Thanks for sharing. smile.gif

#3 hardrock351w

hardrock351w

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:43 AM

Nice find!!
Looks like the 4gb model might be the way to go,......if I ever upgrade.

On a side note,....blast your box with a can of air.......... its so dusty,... I almost sneezed lol

Great Mod!

#4 OKDeric

OKDeric

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

Better yet you could get one of those USB to 2.5" SATA HDD enclosures and put the connector in place of the stock HDD Sata cable. Complete stealth. I wouldn't be suprised if MS blacklists consoles with higher than stock configurations though.

#5 rykin

rykin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE(OKDeric @ Apr 25 2012, 04:00 AM) View Post

Better yet you could get one of those USB to 2.5" SATA HDD enclosures and put the connector in place of the stock HDD Sata cable.

I really like this idea. It basically lets you have a HDD of any size while still appearing to be stock.

It's sad to say that MS would probably ban you for this, but I suppose that waits to be seen.

#6 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

You can't just replace the hard drive. There are system checks on any hard drive on that port. If the correct hddss.bin is not present, the drive will not show up in dash.

#7 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

looks like a person named "hundshamer" was able to get both the sata internal hard drive and the usb hard drive to fit by removing the hdd slot from the plastic. He confirmed that the 1TB hard drive does work on this. These pics are his not mine. Thank you "hundshamer" here is his pics:

IPB Image
and here they are:
IPB Image

I will probably be doing this when I get a better drive then the 40gb I have on it now.

here is what mine looks like in the system storage area:

IPB Image

Edited by Antman1, 26 April 2012 - 07:28 PM.

#8 mouseym

mouseym

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE(Antman1 @ Apr 26 2012, 07:25 PM) View Post

IPB Image

Oh wow, is he really stacking the HDDs on top of each other? That's a great way of shortening their lifespan.

#9 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

I believe he said he used the rubber feet from they hdd tray in between them. if not it would be best to have something in between them to let air flow through.

#10 OKDeric

OKDeric

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

I think you misunderstood what I meant. If you have a stock 4gb you dont have a hdd.

QUOTE(Aldanga @ Apr 25 2012, 10:34 PM) View Post

You can't just replace the hard drive. There are system checks on any hard drive on that port. If the correct hddss.bin is not present, the drive will not show up in dash.

#11 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

**OPTIONAL**
If you want the HDD to turn off and not be seen by the Stock Dash, keeping it stealth from Xbox live you can add a relay with your Dual boot RGH setup. Here is a diagram showing how to connect this mod with a Dual Boot setup using the Cygnos360v2 board. I left mine connected so it can be seen by the stock dash, but some said they want the Xbox Live dash not to see the HDD on the MU port. Here is the diagram on how to do this with your RGH Dual Boot setup:
IPB Image

#12 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE(OKDeric @ Apr 27 2012, 01:23 AM) View Post
I think you misunderstood what I meant. If you have a stock 4gb you dont have a hdd.

Oh, did you mean instead of having the standard hard drive cable going to the hard drive location, to replace that with a USB-SATA adapter soldered to the motherboard? So, for example, the hard drive in an enclosure would not be connecting to the motherboard directly, but rather to the memory unit controller via the USB converter.

#13 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

if you are wondering what to do with your old 4GB IntMU I made a guide to turn it into a flash drive for PC or any xbox360. it is here: heavenlymodz.com

#14 Jumpy_Beans

Jumpy_Beans

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE(Antman1 @ Apr 29 2012, 02:41 AM) View Post

if you are wondering what to do with your old 4GB IntMU I made a guide to turn it into a flash drive for PC or any xbox360. it is here: heavenlymodz.com

Awesome antman, thats a good idea!!

#15 Bandit5317

Bandit5317

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:19 AM

This is an excellent mod to get past the 16 GB cap on external storage devices formatted for use as memory cards. Shame I don't have a slim dry.gif

Edited by Bandit5317, 07 May 2012 - 07:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users