• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cpt-uk

cpt-uk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

Hi, ive looked in tutorials and orher guides. tried looking on the site but cannot find relevant information regarding my question.

I did however find a web site with post regarding what im after, but i cannot find comfimation.

Im new to this so i know i need to flash a drive but with what?

link

information that i found :

On the xbox-scene forums, the following drives are listed as compatible:

Liteon SHM-165H6S, SHW-16H5S, SHW-160P6S, SOHW-1639S, SOHW-1653s, SOHW-1633S, SOHW-1673S, SOHW-1693s

Pioneer 108 /A08, 109 /A09, 110, 111D/dvr710, DVR-111,112/DVR-1810, DVR-K15

Sony DRU-700A, DRU-720, DRU-810A, DRU-800A, DW-Q28A, DW-R56A

Teac DV-W516GC and Asus P3S

Cant seem to find what he found. would all these drives work with different firmware?

many thanks,

nick.

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

For ripping games, you need an officially 360 LiteOn or BenQ drive with custom 0800 firmware. For burning, you need a variation of the iHas drives (or a rebadge). They're getting rarer as they've changed chipsets, but you should still be able to easily find them on eBay.

#3 cpt-uk

cpt-uk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

hi thanks for your reply.
i understand that i could use the xbox dvd drive to rip the games with the either of 2 drives that you mentioned.
although, i was told about Kreon drives which as i understand it, is a samsung drives with Kreon firmware.
I just dont want to spend any more money if i already have the right drive. If i need to buy a drive then fine ill do that.
saving money is what im trying to achieve lol.
thats why i was asking if any of them were compatable to rip, even if i have to re flash a pc dvd rom drive then thats fine also.

is there a list of compatable drives, apart from the samsung ones, or is that the only pc dvd drives able to rip games?

many thanks

#4 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

Kreon drives are outdated and will not work with newer games. 0800 drives are now the standard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users