• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 muyoso

muyoso

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:43 AM

I have already been banned on one of my consoles and I am today burning a few backups to have available downstairs so that I dont have to be hauling discs all over the house. I am using Verbatim mkm-003's and the first burn on my iHas drive was near flawless with EXTREMELY low PI and PIF values, way below the recommended range. Then I went to burn the second disc and holy hell. . .

IPB Image

PI max of 1118
PIF max of 103
PI avg of 75.23
PIF avg of 5.32

My question is: I realize that this is a shit burn, but what does it matter if its only ever going to be used on a banned console? Is there any negative to using it? Is it bad for the laser in the banned xbox? I could really care less about flags or failing civ checks unless its going to be causing some sort of disturbance to gameplay. Id rather not have to keep buying verbatim discs trying to approach some perfect burn unless its necessary, but on the other hand I dont want to be damaging the xbox or have any annoying things like game crashes happen. Any advice on this?

And in case this has been answered before and I missed it, yes I did search and almost everything I found was people worrying about getting banned with regards to the kprobe results and nothing about what to do if you are already banned.

#2 mouseym

mouseym

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE(muyoso @ Apr 27 2012, 12:43 AM) View Post
I have already been banned on one of my consoles and I am today burning a few backups to have available downstairs so that I dont have to be hauling discs all over the house. I am using Verbatim mkm-003's and the first burn on my iHas drive was near flawless with EXTREMELY low PI and PIF values, way below the recommended range. Then I went to burn the second disc and holy hell. . .

[pic]

PI max of 1118
PIF max of 103
PI avg of 75.23
PIF avg of 5.32

My question is: I realize that this is a shit burn, but what does it matter if its only ever going to be used on a banned console? Is there any negative to using it? Is it bad for the laser in the banned xbox? I could really care less about flags or failing civ checks unless its going to be causing some sort of disturbance to gameplay. Id rather not have to keep buying verbatim discs trying to approach some perfect burn unless its necessary, but on the other hand I dont want to be damaging the xbox or have any annoying things like game crashes happen. Any advice on this?

And in case this has been answered before and I missed it, yes I did search and almost everything I found was people worrying about getting banned with regards to the kprobe results and nothing about what to do if you are already banned.

Honestly, i wouldn't worry about KProbe results, i use XGD3 backups on my live box, i don't check KProbe, i just check it through imgburn and abgx360 and haven't been banned.

#3 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

If you are banned just RGH and play games off USB hdd and not worry about disc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users