#1 themacmeister

themacmeister

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

Hi all.

I needed my 320GB Seagate HDD back, and managed to unlock it. It is now my Wii external USB drive (including entire E & F drive backup from XBOX). That took a long time to FTP over :-)

I have the original 10GB (12?) Hard Drive that was in the XBOX originally, and I DO have an unlock password for this drive, as it was my original TESTBED for soft-modding. There should also be an EEPROM backup on the drive somewhere (created by EvoX dash).

Now the 320GB drive is gone (I still have the eeprom & password for that), but locking and reinstalling the 10GB drive did not work (Errors 5 and 7 mainly). As I now have no way of recovering the KERNEL/DASH versions, I am in a real pickle. I cannot set up nDure 3.1 without this information handy?!?!

I know at some point I need to do a hot-swap to return this drive to it's former glory.

Can anyone help me out with some info on what I need to do?

What software would I need to mount this drive on the PC, and copy the old EEPROM (assuming I even need it?). The original EEPROM should be able to unlock/lock the disk, so just a quick few steps, and I should get it from there. If the EEPROM never changes, then I have it, but screwed the hot-swap.

Many thanks for any help you can give me. I used to be real good at this years ago, when I did this soft-mod, but I have lost the original eeprom backup (only have the one off the new 320GB drive). I have also lost the kernel/dash versions (which I did have written down).

REMEMBER: I'm a newb, and this 10GB drive is already softmodded with nDure (master p*ssword XB*XSCENE), and should fire up without issue, ONCE I REINSTALL IT...!

Any help or suggestions gratefully appreciated!

Cheers.

themacmeister.

Edited by themacmeister, 27 April 2012 - 02:57 PM.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

If the original drive is already softmodded and locked then you have no more work to do.......

If not then use your eeprom copy (N.B NOT the unlock password), or use an eeprom reader to get the eeprom from the motherboard, then read and follow one of the links in my signature. Use "Softmod with eeprom" if the disk is already locked, or use "Build a new softmod disk with eeprom" if the disk is unlocked.

The original dash version is irrelevant because you are replacing it, and for the kernel simply select "Unknown Kernel" when building the Kingroach NDURE 3.1 file set.

Edited by Heimdall, 27 April 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#3 themacmeister

themacmeister

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:53 AM

I want to replace 10GB with 40GB HDD. I guess I am rebuilding an XBOX HD from scratch.

All I really want to know is... while hotswapped, do I lock it before reconnecting to powered-on XBOX?

That is all I really need to know.

Cheers.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

Already answered in the links in my signature - the ones I pointed you at in my previous post.

#5 themacmeister

themacmeister

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

Thanks Heimdall,

Believe it or not, I have found the ORIGINAL Ndure 3.1 boot CD that I used to softmod the XBOX originally. This has the correct kernel version and dash onboard! I am pretty sure this has the ndure script onboard as well.

When I get access to a machine with IDE, I'll give it another try.

Many thanks for your patience with me biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users