#1 darklord88

darklord88

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

hey guys, heres my situation:

i had an xboxgiven to me with a broken dvd drive, and another given to me that was rrod, i couldnt get the red ring fixed so i put the good drive in that then set it all up etc and updated it.

threw out the non working xbox and the non working drive... now i realized i'm retarded and i need the dvd key from the original to make it work.

its a benq drive, and i ordered a new laser and replaced that because i was convinced it was that, turns out i'm wrong!

is the drive scrap metal now? any way i can get this drive working again?

i have a jtag and wondering if i put the drive in there if i could pull that key somehow and use that on the xbox

im lost here and hope its fixable

thanks everyone for the help

#2 duhasst0

duhasst0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

What dashboard do you have installed on the new one?

Depending on what dashboard you have you can fix this.

Plus if you don't feel like messing with it bring it, send it, to me
and I'll fix it.

#3 mouseym

mouseym

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE(darklord88 @ Apr 28 2012, 11:16 AM) View Post
hey guys, heres my situation:

i had an xboxgiven to me with a broken dvd drive, and another given to me that was rrod, i couldnt get the red ring fixed so i put the good drive in that then set it all up etc and updated it.

threw out the non working xbox and the non working drive... now i realized i'm retarded and i need the dvd key from the original to make it work.

its a benq drive, and i ordered a new laser and replaced that because i was convinced it was that, turns out i'm wrong!

is the drive scrap metal now? any way i can get this drive working again?

i have a jtag and wondering if i put the drive in there if i could pull that key somehow and use that on the xbox

im lost here and hope its fixable

thanks everyone for the help

RGH/JTAG the new console to get the DVD key.

#4 darklord88

darklord88

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

blah, sounds like im hooped

i have the latest dashboard on it, and i cant be bothered to pay someone to rgh it because its a xenon, and its just for my parents and even if i did, i am not even sure they'd play any games on it so it'd be a waste of money.

i just thought i could fix it and get my dad big game hunter lol

oh well, i guess its just going to be a media player xbox unless theres any other way

i read i could hook the mobo to the comp, and use JF and use the infectious(sp?) button and it would read the nand, then i could hook the drive up and spoof it?

is that possible?

#5 sinclairuser

sinclairuser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE(darklord88 @ Apr 29 2012, 08:06 AM) View Post

i read i could hook the mobo to the comp, and use JF and use the infectious(sp?) button and it would read the nand, then i could hook the drive up and spoof it?

is that possible?

no it is not that easy in order to read the keys dvd and cpu you have to run xell in some way
you can read the nand but you cannot decrypt it so you have to rgh/jtag it then run xell

#6 darklord88

darklord88

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

blast, alright i guess i'm stuck with just a media player xbox then lol

lesson learnt! never throw out parts until you're absolutely sure you will never need them! lol

thanks for the help everyone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users