Vol4Ever

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

I have 1 single desire for my 360 (well, technically 2).

1) Ability to play games that I own & have installed to the HD without having to insert the disc. I carry my 360 around quite a bit and it is much easier without all the discs. Yes. I'm lazy.

2) *optional* Alternate dashboard to use as games launcher for #1.

I chipped my Xbox1 years ago, and used XBMC. Still works to this day with all the games I installed to the 250 gb HD. I've read through some of the FAQ's and it would appear the answer is still NO for the 360. For post 2009, has M$ finally made it a physical impossibility to get #1? There are some really talented techies out there, so surely M$ hasn't finally developed a way to beat all of them??

Just curious if I should even watch for updates any more, or if it is a 100% dead horse without finding an older 360.

~Vol

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

A bit more reading and you'd discover that if your Xbox can't be JTAG hacked (made before 18-06-2009, Dash 7371 or lower) then you need a Reset Glitch Hack, often abbreviated to RGH.

#3 Vol4Ever

Vol4Ever

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

RGH looks interesting, but it sounds like there are currently problems with the Xenon. I'm almost 100% sure that's the one I have as I've had it almost since launch day. I read some of those posts, but I thought you had to have a Jtag machine for that to work.

Thanks for pointing me. I'll go back & read some more about that one (and I also need to find how to determine which version 360 I have . . . . I've forgotten that too!)

EDIT: Well duh. I guess I looked that up at some point. The little boxes to the left with the username show it!! Xenon it is. smile.gif

Edited by Vol4Ever, 30 April 2012 - 06:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users