#1 link42586

link42586

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 5 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:52 AM

I have an xbox 360 (more details at the bottom) with a philips lite-on drive flashed with ixtreme lite 1.1. Now...time to update to ixtreme v3.0. I am on xbox FW 2.0.12625.0 and i guess i should update to 2.0.14719.0. I will be getting the ihas 124-04 tomorrow or sometime very soon. Could someone give me a quick run down/check list of everything i need and need to do to get me goin as i want everything up to date and ready for the future. Also here are the things/files i have (no particular order) to do this and if their are holes please fill me in.

1.jungleflasher 0.1.9.2 (beta)304
2.abgx360 v1.0.6
3.xbox FW 2.0.14719.0.zip (89.5MB)
4.abgx360 video files 1-13
5.jftut 1.4.4
6.imgburn 2.5.7.0
7.xbox backup creator v2.9.0.350
8.latest ixtreme and stock FW pack (any way someone could tell me the ones i need so i can get rid of the rest as last time it seems i wanted ixtreme v2.0 but somehow ended up with v1.1)
9.stealthfiles-2012-05-01.tar.xz
10.ixtreme burner max FW
11.ihas-124b ALOS update FW
12.kprobe2
13.original dvd-rom FW back-up

And again i would like a guide if possible on the order of what to do with my specific situation..step 1...step 2..etc. as im not completly new..but need a little push as it as been too long. k now the details of my xbox.

Jasper 16MB NAND motherboard
2.0.12625.0 Dashboard (i want the newest i could go to)
Philips lite-on drive W/ixtreme v1.1 (also want the latest so pls tell me in guide if 3.0 isnt)
dvd-rom HW version-A0A2 (on case of dvd-rom don't remember if this is relevent)
dvd-rom FW version-83850c (on case of dvd-rom don't remember if this is relevent)
dvd-rom model PLD-DG-16D25(cool.gif

Thanks in advance for your time & Effort as i am using an on screen keyboard to type this so obviously i need/want some guidance fairly bad. THX

current-2.0.12625.0
goal-latest (2.0.14719.0)
current-ixtreme v1.1
goal-latest (v3.0?)

#2 CarpeDiem0

CarpeDiem0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Perpetuating quality information, minimizing rumors, crushing lies, and helping n00bs.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:18 AM

Basically, all you should need to update to the latest firmware is JungleFlasher, your original firmware dump, the MS update pack (14719), and LTPlus.0251-v3.0.bin. This is assuming you have compatible flashing hardware, and that it is all set up right.

1; Flash back to stock using your original dump
2; update the xbox with the update pack
3; flash to 3.0
3a; load your original dump as SOURCE in JF. Click NO on auto-load
3b; manually load LTPlus.0251-v3.0.bin as TARGET
3c; press Spoof Source to Target button (long button between Source and Target areas)
*it may give you messages about ID strings and serial data not being copied. That is normal. It is information, not an error.
3d; Save to File, and keep it safe (like you did with your original dump)
3e; LO-erase, get 0x72, write, outro, test, done!

Hope this helps!

#3 link42586

link42586

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

ok..now i don't know how to reflash to original. im in jungle under the dvdkey32 and cant get the half open full open thing to work. (LO83 info button) do i need to do this or am i supposed to even be using this tab since i ave the original key and dummy files already?

#4 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,499 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:55 PM

because you are on ix lt 1.1, you won't be able to dump your drive key that way, so clicking lo83 isn't going to do anything for you.

you are good to go straight to erasing and writing your drive. that being said, it is always a good idea to use jf's built in key verification function to make sure the key you are going to use does in fact match what is on the drive.

also, you mentioned in your OP that you tried to flash to 2.0 before and accidentally ended up on 1.1. this is because after the dashboard update was released that flashed everyone's drives, all liteon drives got flashed with the 02510c firmware (all of the liteon drives got merged to a common firmware).

for completeness sake, the firmware packs typically include the final 7xxx,8xxx,9xxx liteon firmwares from before this happened, but the firmware you want to be flashing is the 02510c one. if you look closely, the old firmwares will be labeled 1.1 and the new current firmware will be labeled 3.0

#5 CarpeDiem0

CarpeDiem0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Perpetuating quality information, minimizing rumors, crushing lies, and helping n00bs.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:20 AM

You stated in your OP that you had your original dump (item #13), so there is no purpose in trying to dump the old CFW off your drive. The whole point of LO83info, PMT, and the like, is to get your key out in the open. Once you have it, you're good. You can build any firmware you need from then on.

Here's perhaps clearer, certainly more verbose step-by-step instructions:

Verify that the dump you have has the same key as the drive:
Hook up your drive and get it detected in JF
Go to firmware tool 32 tab. Load your original dump (item #13 in your OP) as Source.
Right click somewhere in the Source area and press Verify Key.
Look in the log for "Source Key [your key] verified.
See PG 153 of the TUT for a picture of a successful key verification.

Flash back to stock using your original dump
In the Firmware Tool 32 tab, load your original dump (item #13 of your OP) as Target.
In the MTK Flash 32 tab, Click Lite-On Erase, confirm, wait for the first set of dots to finish.
On second set, pull the dvd power cable, wait a beat, plug it back in.
Drive will return 0x80, then 0x72. Hit Write, Outro, done

Update the xbox with the update pack
This should be simple enough.

Flash to 3.0:
In the Firmware Tool 32 tab, Load your original dump (Item #13) as Source in JF.
Click NO on auto-load.
Manually load LTPlus.0251-v3.0.bin as Target
Press Spoof Source to Target button (long button between Source and Target areas)
*it may give you messages about ID strings and serial data not being copied. That is normal. It is information, not an error.
Save to File, and keep it safe (like you did with your original dump)
In the MTK Flash 32 Tab, LO-erase, get 0x72, write, outro, test, done!

Hopefully this gets you going. Good luck!

#6 link42586

link42586

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

Wow I just want to say I didn't think i would get the help as fast and as detailed as you two was with my situation. And I want to say that I appreciate it immensly. Mission Complete. Now if only the link for the ihas124-04 drive on xbox-scene was as accurate and reliable as you two I would have a drive to back-up my games with.....I got the ihas124-04 revision c...not b..anyway I could guarantee the b version. or can i use this one? when I went to update the firmware to ALOS it said i needed b...and have the c apparently. I thought the 04 at the end of the drive model meant b.

#7 ps2moduk

ps2moduk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

Rev B are harder to find as they have stopped production.

Rev C are not burner max compatible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users