#1 boswell3782

boswell3782

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

Does the Xbox Classics Version of Splinter Cell work when softmodding?

The box art looks like this:

IPB Image

Thanks

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:50 PM

All versions of Splinter Cell work.

Make sure you use Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesaves to install your softmod.

#3 boswell3782

boswell3782

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ May 2 2012, 11:50 PM) View Post

All versions of Splinter Cell work.

Make sure you use Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesaves to install your softmod.

Alright, thanks. I was going to use SID to install my softmod, should I not?

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:00 AM

Krayzie 1.1.1 is newbie-proof - just select basic install - UnleashX dashboard. SID requires you to read and understand the manual, and all of the softmod options.

Also, there is no such thing as SID. There are SID 1, SID 2, SID 3, SID 4, SID5, and lots of point releases, all with different options......

This board is littered with posts from people who used SID, didn't read and understand the manual, then had their softmod overwritten by a game or by accidentally deleting the wrong file.

Your choice, but here's a hint - if you do decide to use SID use the latest version, and make sure you select an option that has shadow C (SID calls it virtual C), and make sure you take a backup copy of your eeprom.

Edited by Heimdall, 03 May 2012 - 12:01 AM.

#5 boswell3782

boswell3782

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ May 3 2012, 12:00 AM) View Post

Krayzie 1.1.1 is newbie-proof - just select basic install - UnleashX dashboard. SID requires you to read and understand the manual, and all of the softmod options.

Also, there is no such thing as SID. There are SID 1, SID 2, SID 3, SID 4, SID5, and lots of point releases, all with different options......

This board is littered with posts from people who used SID, didn't read and understand the manual, then had their softmod overwritten by a game or by accidentally deleting the wrong file.

Your choice, but here's a hint - if you do decide to use SID use the latest version, and make sure you select an option that has shadow C (SID calls it virtual C), and make sure you take a backup copy of your eeprom.

I just bought the Xbox today so I can play some old games that you cant play on the 360 and to mod it. Before I ordered it I had be researching about softmods for a while and I came to the conclusion that SID 5.11 would be the best for me. I don't understand what you mean by "overwritten by a game", It was my understanding that the SID would install onto the hard drive and not have any interference with saved games and would be there untill you have uninstalled it. I didn't know that it could be overwritten by a game.

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

No need to quote the immediately preceding post.

SID 5.11 is no more intrinsically "best for (you)" than any other softmod in terms of what it does. All recent softmods use the same NKPatcher, and all give you the same features.

I didn't mention interference with saved games, you are making 2+2=5. Yes, some games can overwrite the softmod files on the C partition, that's why you need shadow C.

#7 boswell3782

boswell3782

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

Ok. I understand what you mean now, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users