2 replies to this topic

#1 EluZioN

EluZioN

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

I have acquired a Jasper 512 that is at 13604. I have a TX Coolrunner Rev B coming and I was wondering if it's suggested I use RGH 1.1 or RGH 2?

So far I have updated my Olimex H2148 (no easy task, the config files in the tutorial are gone) to ARM 3, read the nand twice, created an ECC and wrote the ECC (all using j-runner v2 (272)). I have also made up a harness to use from the 2148 to the coolrunner for when it arrives (hopefully it will work).

What would you suggest to use?

Thanks,
EluZioN

#2 Haygar

Haygar

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:01 AM

AFAIK rgh2.0 is mainly a solution for phat split cb's or where the console has been updated to 14717 onwards.
There is talk that there can be improved boot times but not sure on that.

I would probably stick to rgh1 if your boot times are ok. Being a jasper I think they can be hit and miss sometimes.
I've only done falcons so far.

#3 jborden061

jborden061

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:40 AM

Having done jaspers i reccomend you aim for rgh 1 however jaspers can be picky and if it dose not wanna glitch with rgh 1 you may have to go rgh 2. Some jaspers are really picky about wire sizes on cpu reset and pll_bypass. you may need to do a bit of playing with wire size and length before you decide to go the rgh 2.0 rute

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users