Photo

Install Game To Hd, Then Switch To A Different 360.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dreday78

dreday78

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

I have a friend with Mass Effect 3, and for some reason it freezes at the same point on Tuchanca. I tried my copy and the same thing happened. Both copies work fine on my 360, and I've even tried installing both on his Hd, which stops at 42% and says to clean the disc. This only happens with disc 2 of this game. The solution I thought of was to use my xbox to install it to his HD, but then I would have to sign it to his xbox so that it will read it from the HD. I seem to remember a program that did that, but I'm not sure, and if there is, how would I go about doing it?

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

It's not possible to install on one Xbox and play on another, even with signing in. Hard drive installs are specifically locked on a per-console basis.

It could be possible to transfer installs, but, if it is, it would be advisable to avoid it due to banning concerns.

#3 dreday78

dreday78

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:00 PM

So there isn't a solution for this? It's weird that his console just doesn't like disc 2 of ME3, other games work just fine. What could possibly be the explanation why it doesn't read only this disc?

#4 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

Not as far as I'm aware. Sometimes reading failures are the result of small scratches or less-than-perfect lasers. You might even try changing the console's orientation to see if that helps the installation process. (Don't do this with the console powered on or a disc in the tray. You WILL destroy the disc.)

A couple of my consoles have issues reading certain discs. It's unfortunate, but sometimes particular lasers just don't get along with individual discs.

#5 dreday78

dreday78

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

What about what you said before about transfers? He doesnt play online, so banning wouldnt be an issue. Would the game still play off the hd?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users