Photo

How Can I Put Cfw 3.0 Lt On A Dg-16d4s Without Xbox360 Usbpro?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 radarshop

radarshop

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

I have been able to read my keys from the drive using the USB to SATA swap trick on the VIA 6421 but I can not read or write to the drive because it wants me to to turn the drive off for 1 second and in doing that it looses the USB to SATA swap trick work around. Any one been able to make a VIA 6421 SATA board work on the DG-16D4S?
Thanks

#2 dougiegillam

dougiegillam

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Computing,cycling, running
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE(radarshop @ May 4 2012, 11:30 PM) View Post

I have been able to read my keys from the drive using the USB to SATA swap trick on the VIA 6421 but I can not read or write to the drive because it wants me to to turn the drive off for 1 second and in doing that it looses the USB to SATA swap trick work around. Any one been able to make a VIA 6421 SATA board work on the DG-16D4S?
Thanks

This is the method i used before buying a USB360pro.

This is confirmed working 100%
open jungleflasher,
power up the drive with a usb to sata adaptor connected, (even cheap 3 in 1 types seem to work)
this seems to force the 0225 drive into vendor mode and 0x72
then by hot swopping the sata to the via 6421 and refreshing the port you can slimkey the drive
NO to unlock and dump drive, it will try and autoload but you will have invalid status as jf has kicked the drive out of vendor so we have to repeat the process,
so to write you have to do the same again ,
so start jf and have your prepared cfw in target
using the slimkey dummy.bin you have just dumped as source and LT2.0 as target then click spoof source to target.
then you can power up the drive with the usb to sata adaptor connected,
hot swop to the via 6421 card port,
refresh the port
intro the drive
you will get prompt about 0x8c the spi is locked,
yes to unlock, wait for dots and choose use your method to unlock,
sputnik for mxic,
or kamikazi for winbond,
get 0x00 and write
you can relock the drive to 0x8c by clicking the 0x00 button.
its a cheaper way than the x360usbpro/lizard route.

#3 radarshop

radarshop

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE(dougiegillam @ May 5 2012, 02:19 AM) View Post

This is the method i used before buying a USB360pro.

This is confirmed working 100%
open jungleflasher,
power up the drive with a usb to sata adaptor connected, (even cheap 3 in 1 types seem to work)
this seems to force the 0225 drive into vendor mode and 0x72
then by hot swopping the sata to the via 6421 and refreshing the port you can slimkey the drive
NO to unlock and dump drive, it will try and autoload but you will have invalid status as jf has kicked the drive out of vendor so we have to repeat the process,
so to write you have to do the same again ,
so start jf and have your prepared cfw in target
using the slimkey dummy.bin you have just dumped as source and LT2.0 as target then click spoof source to target.
then you can power up the drive with the usb to sata adaptor connected,
hot swop to the via 6421 card port,
refresh the port
intro the drive
you will get prompt about 0x8c the spi is locked,
yes to unlock, wait for dots and choose use your method to unlock,
sputnik for mxic,
or kamikazi for winbond,
get 0x00 and write
you can relock the drive to 0x8c by clicking the 0x00 button.
its a cheaper way than the x360usbpro/lizard route.

Where you able to READ the drive in order to back it up using this method?
Thanks

#4 krizalid

krizalid

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:58 AM

I just like to mention that this method doesn't fully work for me.

The whole extract key and firmware via the USB2SATA swap is fine, but when it comes to really accesing flash firmware I have to use the PMT probe on MXP01 in order to enter vendor mode that way so that I can first unlock via Kamikaze and then write firmware.

I just wanted to point this out for ppl that run into issues like these.

#5 snoop216

snoop216

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

I am not sure if this will work for your model drive but you might want to take a look at this video this was a awsome video and it worked flawless for me I am a person who has never in life flashed a drive or modded a xbox.

NOTE: The hardest part to this tutorial for me was that I had to figure out the problems I was having using the jungle program, I was trying to use it on windows 7, but when I switched operating systems and tryed the program with windows xp it worked flawlessly, I have heard windows xp seems to have better results for flashing which was true in my case. I think it had something to do with driver signing or something like that which didn't seem to be a problem in windows xp, when I would start the program in windows 7 it would promt me something and I don't know if I clicked cancel or run program anyways but whatever I clicked the program would than start but it would not detect my xbox drive, this was not the case in windows xp. By using this method I was able to beat all the competitors by now having to buy a single product to mod my drive , by the way I did not use even a toggle switch I just hooked the wires by twisting them and untwisted them when I needed then twisted them back you might not get it right the first time think it only took me like 2 tries when I wrote that part you are probably like what a toggle switch but when you look at the video you will see what I am talking about. This is a very easy method I belive it only took me not even 15 minutes to do and it was free of charge, hope this helps good luck.

#6 boneym

boneym

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

@snoop216 the op has a slim drive not a phat.

@krizakid not sure what "really accessing flash firmware" means but usb trick with
usb to sata device sets 0x72,using a probe on mxp01 should only used as a last resort,
for bad flash recovery, not to set 0x72, its a trick and not all tricks work for everyone, maybe
you should be investing in a x360usbpro.

@dougiegillam nice tut, those words look familiar.

#7 OggyUK

OggyUK

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users