6 replies to this topic

#1 v4m055

v4m055

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

Hello Everyone

I seem to be having a problem with my lite-on drive (83850C v1). My friend purchased it pre-flashed with the old ixtreme on it. So we have the key and everything for it already. We then decided to flash it to the latest ixtreme LT+ v3. But for some reason we couldn't go back to stock firmware in order to update the dashboard. Actually I think we did but we kept getting a dashboard update error. We then decided to flash it to the latest ixtreme LT+ v3 and then try to update the dashboard offline manually.

We updated to the latest dashboard (2.0.14719.0) but this took the drive back to stock firmware. So we attempted to flash it back to ixtreme LT+ 3.0 but we could not get the drive into vendor mode. We did a lite-on erase in jungleflasher and the drive is now stuck on status 0x7F and does not seem to change to 0x72 at all. I have power cycled it between the erase but this has not worked. It keeps saying device intro failed.

I have tried intro/device id but this fails too and also outro/ata reset fails aswell. The drive is now blank and cannot be ejected. I read on the internet somewhere that if you flash before updating to the latest firmware it changes the drive somehow locking it? Is this true? I have also tried l-o-eras in dosflash 1.7 but this returns status FF7F and the drive is not recognised in windows or in dosflash. Is there anything I can do to change this?

I am using jungeflasher 0.1.92 beta with one of the first ck3 probe's which only supports serial but has a serial to usb connection. Is it really possible to brick the unbrickable drive??

#2 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

hit intro, then turn the drive on. don't expect it to show up, it wont until after u hit intro and turn it on. make sure to use the right port.

#3 v4m055

v4m055

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

Why does it show status 0x7F even when its switched off? I tried what you said and it hasn't worked. It fails.

#4 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

then you are doing it wrong, also, if you are updated to the current dash, your drive is an fw 0251. use another drive to find out what port you are using. my instructions are simple, hit intro, turn drive on, exactly like that, exactly.

#5 v4m055

v4m055

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE(iateshaggy @ May 5 2012, 11:41 PM) View Post

then you are doing it wrong, also, if you are updated to the current dash, your drive is an fw 0251. use another drive to find out what port you are using. my instructions are simple, hit intro, turn drive on, exactly like that, exactly.

I have tried changing sata port and cable but now the drive is making really high squeaky noises everytime I turn it on. Is something else wrong?

#6 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

that is next to impossible for any of us to know without having the drive in our hands.

#7 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:05 AM

have you used the l083info tab in J/F to get get into vendor mode

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users