#1 loz_the_guru

loz_the_guru

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

Hi All,
I've got a strange problem with my RGH slim - whenever it's plugged in it turns itself on via the eject button at random, and when it's booted it ejects the tray frequently, also at random.

Most of the time when it does this it beeps, as if someone has touched the button, but every now and again it just pops the tray out. The timings of this are completely random - sometimes it'll go ten minutes or so without doing anything, other times it'll eject 5 times in 5 seconds.

I didn't perform the mod myself, and have no experience with 360's since flashing an old BenQ a few years back.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be? Google didn't turn up much, just something about a 'blue wire'?

#2 superfireball123

superfireball123

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:20 AM

Im thinking its possibly a short wrong contact with the ribbon cable on the faceplate. It could also be damaged or broken. Is that in anyway possible?

#3 mouseym

mouseym

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE(loz_the_guru @ May 5 2012, 08:52 PM)  
Hi All,
I've got a strange problem with my RGH slim - whenever it's plugged in it turns itself on via the eject button at random, and when it's booted it ejects the tray frequently, also at random.

Most of the time when it does this it beeps, as if someone has touched the button, but every now and again it just pops the tray out. The timings of this are completely random - sometimes it'll go ten minutes or so without doing anything, other times it'll eject 5 times in 5 seconds.

I didn't perform the mod myself, and have no experience with 360's since flashing an old BenQ a few years back.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be? Google didn't turn up much, just something about a 'blue wire'?

I also experienced this issue with my old slim, it was a problem with the front plate, more specifically the ribbon cable had been damaged when i took it apart.

Might be worth looking into, also just making sure the cable is connected securely.

#4 clotz2000

clotz2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:51 AM

yeah, ribbon cable most likely, this is the most damaged component when taking a slim apart. Although, something to look into is where the modder soldered the ground, could be causing it to short out...

#5 socalbill

socalbill

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:21 AM

this could also be a broken piece of plastic holding the switch under the dvd drive

check boxxdr's post http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=728401

#6 blogs

blogs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

It could also be damaged or broken. Is that in anyway possible?
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users