1 reply to this topic

#1 wilsonjchris

wilsonjchris

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

Hi all, I have a quick question to ask.

So I recently modded my xbox and installed a bunch of emulators. A couple of my roomies were playing pokemon on dual gameboy mode, both with the same rom, so that they could battle and trade. Now I know that the emulator saves each gameboy as its own save, but I can't find any way to load gameboy #2's save instead of gameboy #1's.

What I mean to say is, is there any way to choose which gamesave to load when in solo mode? Or will the person playing the second gameboy always have to load up in dual mode to play? If this is at all possible, is it also possible to change the game save for either gameboy while in dual mode for me to also join in?

If none of it is possible, I guess there's always the option of getting a second xbox, and using netplay to link with my own game save.

Thanks in advance for any help, I look forward to hearing what someone has to say!

#2 Strawboy

Strawboy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

Hey pal,

I don't know if you are still playing the game or not, but I do have a suggestion. Lets say you have a Pokemon Red and a Pokemon Blue ROM. So you have 2 roms. Player A plays his game on Pokemon Blue, player B plays his game on Pokemon Red. They each save their progress respectively. When you go into Config mode to choose the other Gameboy file, you can pick the Pokemon Red for the second Gameboy that Player B has been playing on. Now lets say you have a 3rd Rom, it could either be blue or red, but I believe that since it is its own rom, it has its own save files, so potentially you could have a 3rd player use that pokemon rom. The only problem with this is that you would either have 2 "Gameboy #1" players or 2 "Gameboy#2" players, and and gameboy #1 player couldn't link up with another gameboy #1 player, and the same for if there are 2 Gameboy #2 players. I haven't actually tried this, but I don't know why it wouldn't work. I doubt you are still around since it has been months, but maybe another person might find this and read it. Any questions, let me know.

I don't know how to load Gameboy 2's own file for solo mode though... someone post here if they know how cause I have been wondering the same thing.

Edited by Strawboy, 29 October 2012 - 12:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users