#1 pkpikachu

pkpikachu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

Following my other topic a few months ago
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=740799
I've decided to finally update my dashboard hoping it would update my Samsung MS25 firmware to accept the new XGD3 games, only to find out that it doesn't work on modified firmwares (well, for the MS25 at least).

I read that when flashing it, the firmware is modified to MS28 and that's why it's not recognized as standard by the update.

So, what would be my steps to flash it back to stock so I can update the dashboard to the latest one?

Keep in mind that I don't have the original firmware for my drive as this was done by a friend a long time ago.

Do I have to somehow modify the current firmware in my drive with a downloaded (where to download it from?) stock firmware using jungleflasher and then apply it? (How do I do this??!?)

Also, would it be better to update to 2.0.13146.0 first and then the latest, or by updating to the latest I already get everything previously done (firmware update)?

Thanks a lot

Edited by pkpikachu, 07 May 2012 - 09:00 PM.

#2 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

Flash back to stock MS25, then do latest dash update, then flash back to LT+ 2.01

#3 pkpikachu

pkpikachu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:43 AM

But is the stock firmware a global one for all MS25s?
Or does each drive have its own individual and unique firmware?

#4 CarpeDiem0

CarpeDiem0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Perpetuating quality information, minimizing rumors, crushing lies, and helping n00bs.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:28 AM

The stock MS25 firmware in the pack is universal stock firmware for all MS25 drives, but you still need to insert your unique KEY. Part of the update process is to reflash your drive from a MS25 to an MS28 (enable firmguard). That is normal. This is why it is important to flashback to stock before updating from pre-13141 dash to post-13141 dash. Because the update can get confused when it sees non-stock firmware on the drive while it is trying to re-flash it.

The big question now is, do you have your key? If not, you may have to fight with the drive in order to get it. It may be badflashed, or corrupted. In both cases, there is still hope that your key is still on there, although it may take a skilled/experienced eye to find it with a hex editor.

Go with simple, first. Set up JF, your PC, and the drive, and see if it just works. Try to read the drive. If it works straight away, cool! If not, read the JF tut for instructions on Badflash. If it reads it, but then says parse failed, then you'll need to either use a hex editor to see if your key is there, or send it to someone who can look at it for you. If that proves impossible, then you might need to send the console to someone who can RGH it and get the key off the motherboard.

Also, check this: http://karma.xzibiti...update_loop.htm

Hope something here helps! Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users