Using A Pal Xbox Incar. Xbmc And Outputting Ntsc.
Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:45 PM
Sorry for the real noob question, but my head is hurting Ive read so much!
I dont have any PSU queries, ive gotten that under control.
Problem is, my Lexus screen only accepts NTSC inputs. Im pretty sure a Chip will allow me to convert the output of my Xbox.
I know im asking a bit, but..
What do I need to:
Use my XBOX for pretty much only XBMC usage,
Output NTSC 100% of the time,
Accept a large storage drive, USB?
Also, a car friendly way of changing tracks and seeking would be pretty dope too..
Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:51 PM
Sorry for the double account admins!!
Anyway, help appreciated!
Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:57 PM
The Xbox can't use large USB drives, but you can fit an large internal drive.
There are loads of threads on fitting an Xbox to a car, with lots of ideas for remote controls.
Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:02 AM
Thanks for your help.
Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:29 AM
I wouldn't even do that.
In my car I replaced the stock radio with a Pioneer X930BT. It has a 6.5 inch widescren touch screen, DVD playback, SD card slot, USB input (For ipod or an external drive), bluetooth call support and bluetooth audio playback. It also has built in GPS navigation, rear view camera input, as well as outputs for a system if you want to hook one up.
And it all fits inside your dash. No mess.
Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:18 AM
- it doesn't connect to the Lexus screen, it replaces it (assuming that the Lexus screen is a double DIN console device)
- you lose all of the other features the Lexus control system gives you via the current screen
- the radio looks like it's US only, hence odd channels only, which is no good in the UK or any other country that uses odd and even channels
- the maps seem to be US and Canada only
- the unit only supports MP3 and WMA audio. Anything else is via an iPod or other separate PMP
- it doesn't support AF or TA
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users