kl1k

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:48 PM

Good to hear things are going to get revamped. I haven't given up on XS yet smile.gif

#32 Gonzo_PhD

Gonzo_PhD

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE(DuckOfDeath @ May 29 2012, 05:41 PM) View Post

Sad to hear. This place was a wonderful time killer, source of information, and I even made some cash on the original xbox BST section. smile.gif There were some wonderful people here back in the day.

Is it too early to pour one on the ground for Xbox-Scene, or should I hold out hope?

-Duck!

"back in the day" being the key words in that sentence. Back in the day, people like Xeero, opjose, and BenJeremy made this place a treasure trove of useful information. They came here to (gasp!) help and educate people. Unfortunately, we now have people like Chancer, chorizo1, and hamwbone who come here to power-trip and flex their e-muscles.

Here's hoping a reborn XS features mods similar to those we were lucky enough to have back in the day. The return of the angry, drunken dwarf is an encouraging start...

#33 Exobex

Exobex

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

Well said. XS isn't the place for elitist egotrippers, there's enough of that shit over on XH. Nice to see some of the old mods still about after almost a decade, and hopefully the next generation of consoles will provide plenty of reasons for XS's continued existence beerchug.gif

#34 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE(Gonzo_PhD @ Jun 9 2012, 02:19 PM) View Post

"back in the day" being the key words in that sentence. Back in the day, people like Xeero, opjose, and BenJeremy made this place a treasure trove of useful information. They came here to (gasp!) help and educate people. Unfortunately, we now have people like Chancer, chorizo1, and hamwbone who come here to power-trip and flex their e-muscles.

Here's hoping a reborn XS features mods similar to those we were lucky enough to have back in the day. The return of the angry, drunken dwarf is an encouraging start...

Why do you feel the need to come in here and talk crap when you know nothing about me and the others and provide no proof? The information is still here and people are still helping each other. You sound like the one with the bad attitude. You are more then welcome to leave. You call us banning spammers and scammers power tripping?

Edited by hamwbone, 10 June 2012 - 05:22 AM.

#35 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:44 AM

Based on the people he called out, I'm pretty sure he hasn't been around the forums for a while.
Apparently last time he did, he decided to be an "internet tough guy" which explains his bitterness. smile.gif

#36 phrozenfeonix

phrozenfeonix

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

Nice to see so many old faces around here. I still open this site on my routine website list, even though it hasn't been updated in so long.

I was never overly active in the forums, but I did idle in the IRC channel quite a bit over the years.

Glad to see it's not wrapped up yet, will be interesting when the news gets flowing again.

#37 somenutter

somenutter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:35 AM

This is really good news , I was worried

#38 Code-Red

Code-Red

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

Here's hoping for a brand new website design and a forum running newer phpBB or vBulletin software. This site has been ugly and outdated for the last half decade.

And yes, before you ask, I'd be willing to put my skills where my mouth is. I've been a member for a decade, and have run both phpBB/vbulletin forums, wrote my own php/html/css/java.

tongue.gif

#39 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:13 AM

The server is up and ready running BBS software.

We will have the phone number for you to dial into in a few days.
We are trying to work out the best area code where we have the highest XS member saturation.

IPB Image

comp.gif

#40 garyopa

garyopa

X-S Genius

• Admin
  • 751 posts
  • Interests:Embedded Hardware and Firmware
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Jun 13 2012, 07:13 PM) View Post

The server is up and ready running BBS software.

We will have the phone number for you to dial into in a few days.
We are trying to work out the best area code where we have the highest XS member saturation.

comp.gif

I am sorry, I thought the plan was to run it on actual Xbox hardware, I am all setup just waiting for the rubber-dock-modem for the phone, so when the line rings I will run over and plug the phone into the holder and you can login, and I even got one of those new what do they call them 'toll-free' numbers so area code will not matter!

IPB Image

-=(GaryOPA)=- /// Just killing time until the re-launch is ready! // Sorry!!

Edited by garyopa, 14 June 2012 - 03:26 AM.

#41 spoone

spoone

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

that's really some good news!!!
i was going to offer my help in updating the front page as this (x-scene) has always been my number one to check for news.
so i came here and checked where i could offer my help and stumbled upon this thread.
great, guys!!! relaunch sounds really good!
and i assume you are all set up, so there's probably no need (anymore) for stepping up and updating the main page.
can't wait!
anyway, my offer still stands. i could check/update news at least one or two times a day.
i am a long time member although i do not have that many posts. i'm always reading and stop by every day more than once. i have a good overall knowledge regarding the xbox (old and new).
for the sake of my "real" life, i wouldn't be disappointed, if i'm not the right guy.
but i would be really sad to see this site stagnate any longer. (meaning the front page. i know forums are ok.)
so, if i could be of any help, tell me.

cheers,
spoone

#42 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:20 AM

The news page is functioning again. News to follow.

#43 Code-Red

Code-Red

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:31 AM

Demon, please update the forums. They are soooooooo old and unfriendly that noobs have a hard time navigating or knowing where to post, and they also look very ugly. Not only that, but there are bot posts everywhere that haven't been deleted....

I'm willing to work on a theme for free just so they dont look so god damn prehistoric.

Edit: The search hasn't worked in about 5 years either.

Edited by Code-Red, 02 July 2012 - 06:33 AM.

#44 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(Code-Red @ Jul 2 2012, 12:31 AM) View Post

Demon, please update the forums. They are soooooooo old and unfriendly that noobs have a hard time navigating or knowing where to post, and they also look very ugly. Not only that, but there are bot posts everywhere that haven't been deleted....

I'm willing to work on a theme for free just so they dont look so god damn prehistoric.

Do you not think we realize any of this? Next up grass is green!

Sit tight and hold on to your panties, it is not going to happen over night.

#45 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE(Code-Red @ Jul 2 2012, 06:31 AM) View Post

I use the IP 2.1 Default Theme. I find it easier on the eye.

Edit, Also the search used to bring down the forums a lot. I think that's often why we make people read the "pinned threads" I could be wrong but X-S is pretty good with pinned threads and holding important information.

Edited by bucko, 03 July 2012 - 11:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users