X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Everything there is to do with Microsoft Xbox's
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

Hi guys,just picked up an Elite 360 with the Lite-on 7 series dvd drive in it.It's a stock/virgin drive as all security seals on the console and the drive are untouched.The console's dash is on the very latest one so i know the drive has been written to with the latest dash update as it showed in J/F as 0251.
I connected the drive to my computer using my trusty CK3 lite and Probe v3,went to extract the dummy.bin and got Phat key extraction failed message,so i turned the drive off then back on again but now my computer can't detect the Lite-on drive what so ever,even in my computers BIOS,it's not listed anymore.
I've tried everything i could think of apart from clicking on Lite-On Erase to try and get it into Vendor mode.As i don't have the key for this drive as yet,i've tried intro/Device ID and the Phat Key buttons and i'm using the latest jungleflasher 1.92.
The drive was there in Jungleflasher BEFORE i got the Phat Key Extraction Failed error but now it's like the drive is dead.I can't open and close the drives tray at all,when i put it back into the console,the console boots up but the centre green light just keeps blinking away and the consoles eject button wont even open the tray.
I know my flashing kit is ok as i can read and flash BenQ's and Hitachi's and i've done Lite-On's in the past.

#2 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

power cycle the drive a couple of times. do not erase it until u have the key.
phat key, switch #6 off, probe mxp01, switch #6 on, hit ok
switch #6 off, unprobe, switch #6 on, ok

#3 evertonman67

evertonman67

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Everything there is to do with Microsoft Xbox's
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:11 AM