Photo

Nvidia Sata Mcp61 And Lite On Mra Flash. Help!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ratdogfink

Ratdogfink

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

Hi
I have flashed a few 360's with my embeded Nvidia MCP61 Sata controller. I am trying to flash a Lite on using MRA method. Everything is in place fine but when I power off the DVD and back on Jungle flasher reports drive not found. It is there when JF starts and I can refresh and see the DVD. Power off and back on and it's gone and will not come back unless I reboot the computer abd the xbox.
Is there a work around?

RDF.

#2 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

There is NO need for MRA anymore.

Make a PMT probe!

#3 Ratdogfink

Ratdogfink

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ May 10 2012, 06:50 PM) View Post

There is NO need for MRA anymore.

Make a PMT probe!

My problem is that when the 3V supply is switched off using MRA the Nvidia SATA controller does not see the Lite on MB when re powered. That is "drive detected" power off and back on, "drive not detected".

Does PMT switch the 3V rail on and off?

RDF.

#4 Ratdogfink

Ratdogfink

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

Is this a common problem with Nvidia SATA. When the drive power is turned off and back on the drive is no longer detected.
RDF.

Edited by Ratdogfink, 10 May 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#5 xboxdawg

xboxdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

Are you actually getting a message that it's not detected? The only message you should be getting in Jungleflasher is whether the key was extracted or not.

If it won't detect the drive at all when you start JF then you may need to use dosflash to do lo-erase to unbrick it. http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=673708

Edited by xboxdawg, 10 May 2012 - 09:49 PM.

#6 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

The MRA doesn't switch 3.3 v on off. It's 1.8v-3.3v in between. The capacitor is discharging into resistor partially. 3.3v is the VCC but it's not definitely sending 3.3v. It's ~1.8v into pin101 of the MTKchip.

It's all documented on the forums on xboxhacker.org.

FYI.

and as BONG said, you don't need the MRA hack , you use PMT or Scorpion.

#7 Ratdogfink

Ratdogfink

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

Thanks. I am using MRA for two reasons. JF states "NOTE: ONLY MRA will work on 02510 FW" page 85 and also I have a switch and 20 Ohm resistor and for the sake of ten minutes soldering letís just do it.

My problem.
If I start my computer and then run JF and connect up any drive be it Benq, Sammy, hit or LT JF does not see them. So I connect drive, start XBox, start computer and boot up. Run JF and everything works fine, I have flashed quite a few of the other drives over the years.
Using MRA the drive is seen by JF and reports FW 0251 and is seen as it should and under MTK32 drive properties are all correct.
Now when I follow JF and get to
"Turn power off to the drive
Operate switch you added! To connect to the 22 Ω resistor side (On
)" I do not remove the power cable from the drive I just operate the switch. This is why I thought operating the switch turns the power off to the drive as in deilzfcjk post above.. The drive properties go blank and I get "Drive not found" and I cannot continue. If I refresh properties the drive is gone. The only way for me to get it back is to turn off the xbox and computer and start again, xbox turned on, then computer on, reboot and run JF. The drive is then back in properties.

Basically my Nvidia MCP61 SATA embedded on the computer can not see the drive if I operate the switch and it will not re appear with the switch turned back.
To find out if I had 83850C V1 or V2 I tried tray half open. When powering off the drive and back on by pulling the power cable out of the drive the computer crashes as it sees an SATA device disappear.
I have checked the bios settings for the SATA in the computer.
Should I turn off (unplug) the drive when JF states "turn power off to the drive, operate the switch"?
Is there a way with PMT to not turn off the power to the drive? Even PMT seems not so straight forward, capacitor, no capacitor, no cap with CK 3(i don't have a ck3!). Does PMT with batteries get rid of the need to turn off the power?
Any help please with why JF loses the drive when the MRA switch is moved from 3.3V line to central wire connected to central wire connected to 20 ohm resistor. All wiring is correct and traces are cut, I have checked.
Sorry for the long post.

#8 CarpeDiem0

CarpeDiem0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Perpetuating quality information, minimizing rumors, crushing lies, and helping n00bs.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:05 AM

I am using MRA for two reasons. JF states "NOTE: ONLY MRA will work on 02510 FW" page 85

That is in reference to legacy methods, which MRA is. MRA is the only LEGACY method that will work on 02510. PMT works just fine, doesn't require you to mangle your PCB, and doesn't require any soldering other than what you might want to do with the wires.

I'm just gonna leave this right here:

PhatKey: Extract the DVD drive key from ANY Phat Lite-ON
Make this: http://imgbin.org/images/4281.jpg
Or use a Probe3: http://team-xecuter....r-ck3-probe-v3/
And follow the tut, starting on page 178

Here's distilled instuctions PhatKey instructions:
Press the PhatKey button, Click Yes, Turn the switch off, Probe MPX01, turn the switch on, Extract Complete, Remove Probe, Turn switch off and then back on, Click OK, DONE!

Edited by CarpeDiem0, 14 May 2012 - 03:09 AM.

#9 Ratdogfink

Ratdogfink

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE(CarpeDiem0 @ May 14 2012, 03:05 AM) View Post

PhatKey: Extract the DVD drive key from ANY Phat Lite-ON
Make this: http://imgbin.org/images/4281.jpg
Or use a Probe3: http://team-xecuter....r-ck3-probe-v3/
And follow the tut, starting on page 178

Here's distilled instuctions PhatKey instructions:
Press the PhatKey button, Click Yes, Turn the switch off, Probe MPX01, turn the switch on, Extract Complete, Remove Probe, Turn switch off and then back on, Click OK, DONE!

Read that
Made that
Followed the tut starting on page 178
clicked yes
turned the switch
probe MPx01
flicked switch
removed probe
switched back and forward
Clicked OK.
Got serial.bin, dummy.bin, key.bin and every other .bin.
I should not have gone down the MRA route, I had the parts and it seemed easy. PMT was easily made and just worked.
[size=4] [color=#CC0000]Sory for being a dur head. PMT worked fine, THANK YOU ALL. I stand in awe of your brilliance and I shoudn't be allowed to infect the same planet as you all tread.

Thanks.

#10 blogs

blogs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

There is NO need for MRA anymore.IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users