• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sammyunit12

sammyunit12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

Probably heard this question a million times, but yeah not a rgh console.. So yeah this is about Max Payne 3, most games have some checkpoint system where it saves right at that point where it wants the second disc inserted.. This game sure doesn't.. Just says 'End of Disc One" then somehow relaunches the same .xex file in the game folder and when I try to continue the story.. It just puts me back to the last checkpoint it last saved in that last chapter.. Now when I launch the .xex from the second disc, click continue story it wants me to insert Disc 1 again, again it just relaunches the same .xex -_______-. I'm pretty much stuck here.

There should be another way to get around this, I know I could merge both of the two discs into a GOD file but yeah.. Only ever done that with BF3 because you kinda had to xD

HELP?!

Thanks.

#2 psphackr

psphackr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

Well I know there's a plugin for Freestyle Dash that handles multi disc GoD packages. If I were you I'd convert it to Games on Demand and launch it from Freestyle Dash. I forgot the name of the plugin though.

#3 moshbear

moshbear

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:C, C++, guitar, drums, bass, death metal, etc.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE(psphackr @ May 14 2012, 12:30 AM) View Post

Well I know there's a plugin for Freestyle Dash that handles multi disc GoD packages.

FSD also handles multi-disc ISO rips.

#4 sammyunit12

sammyunit12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

I've successfully converted both of the .iso's to a GOD by using iso2god (obviously changed the retail .xex to a dev .xex before making the GOD), then signed the GOD containers to DEV in order for it to read and boot up on my xdk. It launches fine, including Disc 2. In fact, I launched disc 2 this time and when I continued the story it automatically swapped to Disc 1, so far so good? No. Again it reverted me to that last checkpoint, when I completed it, it asked me to insert the second disc... This makes no sense at all sleep.gif

#5 Dwack

Dwack

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

If you're still looking for an answer I might be able to help. Give me a little bit to create something and I'll send you a PM then.

#6 sammyunit12

sammyunit12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

Finally, sorry for the late response, but yeah you still able to create that little something? smile.gif
Also thanks if you can man!

Edited by sammyunit12, 25 May 2012 - 07:12 PM.

#7 vvbeginer

vvbeginer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE(Dwack @ May 23 2012, 04:57 AM) View Post

If you're still looking for an answer I might be able to help. Give me a little bit to create something and I'll send you a PM then.

I'm also looking forward to getting some useful info from XDK's disc swaping, if you finished, please PM me too rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users