X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:04 AM

Hi

I've spend whole yesterday to glitch jasper(16mb) and i finally got it glitched today in the morning /~5s booting time, without any resistors and capacitors, clear matrix install/ (got xell booting, retrived cpu key, prepared nand image, flashed it and achieved booting to dash) but then i've moved the wires (only the placing of them) and now it doesnt boot anymore... i'm tired of this, spend whole day moving cables and waiting to boot, changing lenght of cables etc. As i'm sure its programmed ok /cause it was booting in the morning/ its only matter of wires. Can you give me some advices about where to place wires and what lenghts they should have?

best regards

#2 Dicko316

Dicko316

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

It might not be the RGH mod, have you thoroughly checked the board for damage? Or a loose connection on one of the wires.

To test if the xbox is fine, flash back to stock nand, de-solder GND, then boot it should boot ok and boot the original Dash. If you get RROD something is wrong somewhere.

I would of thought you would not need to cut any wires as you had it working already. It could be you just need a capacitor between GND and CPU_PLL_BYPASS normally a 68nf or 100nf works well.

Photos and more info on your exact application of the RGH mod would help.

Post logs, list programs used, timings used etc etc.

Also dont just focus on the Xbox look at the chip too, resistors and other components can get damaged.

My TX coolrunner Rev b I installed last week just stopped working all of a sudden, I then noticed the 22k resistor was only reading 3.5k, so I replaced it and then it Glitched perfectly after that.

#3 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:20 AM

Just upload a pic of the 360 right now so we can see how the wires are ran and also check your soldering to make sure that while you were moving the wires nothing came lose.

#4 Br0k3R

Br0k3R

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

here is gallery

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Zobacz całą galerię | Darmowe galerie Allegro

i've used nandpro 2.0e to read/flash images, xnandhealer 0.75 to remap one bad block, 360multibuilder 0.93 to prepare rgh image.

Edited by Br0k3R, 13 May 2012 - 11:17 AM.

#5 johnyblackout

johnyblackout

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:36 AM

Like Dicko said try using that capacitor between CPU_PLL_BYPASS and ground. Also, I would try to make that CPU_PLL_BYPASS wire as SHORT as possible. and double check that point under the CPU. That's probably where your issue lies.

#6 Dicko316

Dicko316

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

Also dont assume you have a good contact between CPU_RESET and VCC, you are always best sucking out the old solder first then applying fresh solder.

I recently had this problem with the VCC point. Sucked out the old solder applied fresh and boom! booted up almost instantly.

#7 Br0k3R

Br0k3R

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

i've already tryied 68nf capacitor. as for the soldering i've been into this since few years as its my job to solder small electronics, so im sure about that - as i said, xbox stopped glitching after moving cables...

Edited by Br0k3R, 18 May 2012 - 05:12 PM.

#8 Dicko316

Dicko316

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

Try to test continuity across your points, you may of torn a pad or broke a solder joint, maybe even snapped a wire?!?

More likely though you have knocked off a component on the underside of the board, you really should have a softer surface to work on than a work top.

Also your wires are really long, try reducing their length and actually route the wires where they will eventually go, as it will give you a better view of how the system will work when re assembled.

Clean up the board a bit too, looks like you could have shorts on a few points, but its probably just light reflecting off flux.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users