10 replies to this topic

#1 snoop216

snoop216

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

Hello,

I have been trying to burn a xbox original for my 360 for the longest. I first burned it to a regular dvd and tryed to play it and at first I didn't even have a hard drive on my system I was just using a memory card so of course when the game was inserted into my system I was given a message that I needed to have a hard drive. After getting a hard drive I was good to go and when I tried to insert the backup it still didn't work at this time I was kinda lost not knowing that I still had a long road ahead after messing around for a it I came to find that in order to play an original it still has to be on a DL disc, it it has to be made with a program called xbox backup creator with a special drive or a program called XDVDMulleter, I used xdvdmulleter because I don't have the drive and am not going to buy one, anyways I got all the way to the step where I had to enter the ss, dmi, and the pfi, which is the very last step before you actually burn the disc so I did all the steps which took a moment but all the way at the end got stuck. The guide says go to the folder to get the files needed only problem is when I go to the folder ther are hundreds of ss files and stuff so I don't know which one to pick futher more I don't even know if the ss file is in there because I went thorugh and selected evry single ss file to try and the program kept saying it didn't work, so unless I skipped over one of the ss files which is a possibility because there were so may the ss file insn't even there. Please if anyone knows of away to make a xbox original without buying a new drive, meaning away to find the ss file for the games I want to use or a whole nother method that is just simple to do please help. There just has to be away to play a xbox original on a flashed drive, to hard to believe it can't be done.

Please Help

#2 hardie

hardie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:38 AM

only some orig games work on xbox360
you need to check the list on xbox.com

http://support.xbox....-original-games

you can also try disc extract S360v4.1 if you have a kreon drive and extract the ss,dmi ets and inject
this is the way i used to do it but found many did not work anymore because of dash updates,system updates etc - that was about 6 years ago
ps you can play only orig xbox games providing they are on the list
new lt 3.0 is suppose to support orig xbox 1 games not backups

#3 snoop216

snoop216

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:55 AM

thanks for the reply, yeah I knew xbox games had to be on the list to play and I mentioned in my post knowing about the methed with the kreon drive I didn't actually state the name of the drive which is kreon but I figured that was the only drive that you could do this with anyways

#4 snoop216

snoop216

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:28 AM

still waiting for a solution to my problem please if anyone knows anything please help thanks

#5 boneym

boneym

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

want to play xbox1 games, get a xbox1
they are only a few quid to buy.

#6 snoop216

snoop216

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE(boneym @ May 14 2012, 06:14 PM) View Post

want to play xbox1 games, get a xbox1
they are only a few quid to buy.

true, just thought it made sense to do it like this instead of buying anything, people seem to say just buy it on this situation because of the fact they don't know how to do it but if I knew how to do it it wouldn't make sense not to, it makes all the sense in the world to try to see if I can even do it before exploring other options, I can wait a couple days to see if I can find away to do it this way its not like if I can't find away to do it like this that I lost, plus the fact I am a professional computer technician and I like messing around with this type of stuff. I don't seem to be getting any help though dont think alot of people know how to do this, but I know it works because there are tutorials for it but in the tutorial I don't understand the ss part, I won't buy a xbox 1 but if I am into playing xbox one games and cant get a answer I geuss I will only be playing on the original discs that are compatible on the 360. The worst that could come from me trying to figure this out is I don't LOL:).

Edited by snoop216, 15 May 2012 - 05:14 AM.

#7 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:05 AM

For a backup to work on the 360 it has to be ripped the same way a 360 games has got be ripped. It needs all the video and security crap. The only way that I know that a xbox1 game backup will work on both xbox1 and xbox 360 is if you have RGH. If you dont have that then you either make the backup to work on xbox1 or make it work on 360. for it to work on firmware flashed 360s (non-RGH) they also have got to be burned on same disk you burn 360 games with.

#8 snoop216

snoop216

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ May 15 2012, 06:05 AM) View Post

For a backup to work on the 360 it has to be ripped the same way a 360 games has got be ripped. It needs all the video and security crap. The only way that I know that a xbox1 game backup will work on both xbox1 and xbox 360 is if you have RGH. If you dont have that then you either make the backup to work on xbox1 or make it work on 360. for it to work on firmware flashed 360s (non-RGH) they also have got to be burned on same disk you burn 360 games with.

you told me something that I already knew as far as how the disc is to be made and as far as RGH I don't even know what that is but I assume its basically just making a game compatible with the original xbox and a 360, I have just never heard of RGH, I am not interested in doing that I just need it for 360 (non-rgh, lol), again I repeat I am trying to use the xdvdmuletter tutorial but the is a step at the very end where the ss files get inserted is where I get lost, so I am still in the position where I need someone to either tell me or send me to a guide that will show me how to make a abox game work on lt firmware or tell me how to do the step I can not figure out, you might as well not even posted a solution because what you told me is like ok so what are you saying being as though it was already stated that I knew what type of disc I needed in my first post and than to introduce me to a concept called rgh, I mean that woulda bean cool if in were a situationn where you pointed me to a guide that would have showed me away to do it which was not anything that would require me to have to go buy additional things to get it done. I just need to respond to you as I would not want to not respond and than someone comes along my post and sees someone has written something and think that I no longer need help because you sent me a answer, no guys I still need help

#9 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE(snoop216 @ May 12 2012, 06:58 PM) View Post

it it has to be made with a program called xbox backup creator with a special drive

It seems as you have already found a guide that tells you how to do it just you do not want to do it that way. Seems you want us to research a way to do it the way you want it done, sorry life and this forum do not work that way, so go read that tutorial again and do it the way it says.

Edited by steveo1978, 15 May 2012 - 07:00 AM.

#10 kenned12003

kenned12003

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE(snoop216 @ May 15 2012, 01:23 AM) View Post

you told me something that I already knew as far as how the disc is to be made and as far as RGH I don't even know what that is but I assume its basically just making a game compatible with the original xbox and a 360, I have just never heard of RGH, I am not interested in doing that I just need it for 360 (non-rgh, lol), again I repeat I am trying to use the xdvdmuletter tutorial but the is a step at the very end where the ss files get inserted is where I get lost, so I am still in the position where I need someone to either tell me or send me to a guide that will show me how to make a abox game work on lt firmware or tell me how to do the step I can not figure out, you might as well not even posted a solution because what you told me is like ok so what are you saying being as though it was already stated that I knew what type of disc I needed in my first post and than to introduce me to a concept called rgh, I mean that woulda bean cool if in were a situationn where you pointed me to a guide that would have showed me away to do it which was not anything that would require me to have to go buy additional things to get it done. I just need to respond to you as I would not want to not respond and than someone comes along my post and sees someone has written something and think that I no longer need help because you sent me a answer, no guys I still need help

just a little life tip, grow up and don't be so rude to people. you are asking them for help so dont talk to them like they are scum. also a wall of text makes you look like a child(from how you are acting i will say you are one). and the rgh is not a way to make xbox 1 games work on both, the rgh is like the smc hack(jtag) it allows for homebrew and games to be played off the hard drive no need for burned discs.

so like i said learn some manners

Steveo1978 Edit: No need to call him a fucking child.

Edited by steveo1978, 15 May 2012 - 07:10 AM.

#11 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

Topic closed before it gets to out of hand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users