3 replies to this topic

#1 robersdee

robersdee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:01 AM

hey guys

had a couple of questions for you expert folks, I flashed my 360 years ago (toshiba samsung), i vaguely remember connecting it to my motherboard, anyway it worked fine for years then it RROD'd, since i didnt use it much i just left it,

anyway long story short I xclamp fixed it and its working fine however it said there was an update available, so I tried to update, it downloaded and installed the update, then i get an error saying it failed with an error code, then it rebooted and game me 1 red light and an e64 error, so i unplugged the ethernet cable and HD turned it on and it booted up but its asking me to update, i can use it for media center but it wont read backups

did it brick the drive? what can i do to fix it? update? its been years so i dont know what to do really, especially in this situation, can I restore the drive and reflash it? can i just reflash it without restoring? i also dont have the origional firmware anymore

any help appreciated guys
Robersdee

#2 CarpeDiem0

CarpeDiem0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Perpetuating quality information, minimizing rumors, crushing lies, and helping n00bs.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:53 AM

Update Loop fix: http://karma.xzibiti...update_loop.htm

i also dont have the origional firmware anymore

This might prove a bit of a challange. If you don't have your DVD key somewhere, you will need to dump the drive and hope it's not too corrupt to to recover the key from.

If it is badflashed, and you can't get it into 0x70, then read the JungleFlasher tut, starting on page 194

After you have dumped it, see if you can load it with JungleFlasher. If so, you will have your key and can procede with the tut above. If not, and it says Parse Failed, you will need to use a hex editor to look for your key, or pass the dump off to someone who knows how to look at firmware.

Hope this gets you on your way. Good luck!

#3 robersdee

robersdee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE(CarpeDiem0 @ May 13 2012, 05:53 AM) View Post

Update Loop fix: http://karma.xzibiti...update_loop.htm
This might prove a bit of a challange. If you don't have your DVD key somewhere, you will need to dump the drive and hope it's not too corrupt to to recover the key from.

If it is badflashed, and you can't get it into 0x70, then read the JungleFlasher tut, starting on page 194

After you have dumped it, see if you can load it with JungleFlasher. If so, you will have your key and can procede with the tut above. If not, and it says Parse Failed, you will need to use a hex editor to look for your key, or pass the dump off to someone who knows how to look at firmware.

Hope this gets you on your way. Good luck!

Okay barely understood a word if that, I'm a total noob, its been years since I've done any of this, dunno what dumping is, also the drive still works, it plays DVDs it just doesn't play backups anymore, surely my key is still in there if its still .working to some extent

#4 CarpeDiem0

CarpeDiem0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Perpetuating quality information, minimizing rumors, crushing lies, and helping n00bs.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:15 AM

dump = read the firmware off the DVD drive's flash with a computer.

The key is a 32-character hex string that pairs the dvd drive to the motherboard. If the drive and the motherboard key don't match, the xbox will not play games, and will treat game discs as movie DVDs.

The fact that the console will play dvds does not necesarily mean that the key is still there, although it is a good sign that the firmware is not corrupt beyond all reason.

Use JungleFlasher to read the firmware off the drive, and see if it can find the key in it. If so, you're golden. Just follow the Update Loop fix and the JungleFlasher tutorial.

Edited by CarpeDiem0, 14 May 2012 - 03:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users