Photo

Most Current Way To Put Softmodded Hdd In New Xbox?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lunar Aura

Lunar Aura

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

My softmodded xbox is acting weird by randomly turning on and research shows it to be a symptom of impending motherboard failure.

I have another softmodded xbox handy with its default hard drive.

What is currently the best way to put the dying softmod xbox HDD into the newer one? Both were softmodded using Softmod Installer Deluxe 5.11

It's probably not going to be a straight swap isn't it? Do I have to first unlock the hard drive with the "old" Xbox's EEPROM.bin and then relock it with the "new" xbox's EEPROM.bin?

If so, how do I do that? Is it possible to do it with just opening the Xboxes and without opening my PC?

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

Randomly turning on is usually trace failure, and isn't an indication of impending motherboard failure. It is also repairable.

Yes, you unlock using the old eeprom then relock using the new eeprom.

It's far easier to do that on your PC using xboxhdm. xboxhdm 2.2 is the version to go for, because it boots from USB, and you don't need a separate CD for the old and new Xboxes, you just copy the two eeproms to the USB stick at the appropriate time.

Edited by Heimdall, 13 May 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#3 Lunar Aura

Lunar Aura

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

Thank you, Heimdall. Not just for the response, but for everything you have done for this scene.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

You're welcome. smile.gif

If you want to try trace repairs on your original Xbox this post should help.

My last answer was a bit short (too busy watching the F1 GP!!). You can also do the unlock / lock on your Xboxes. Unlocking the disk is easy - just run Config Magic or Evox Dash on your broken Xbox, and select the unlocking option.

Relocking on your new Xbox is a bit more involved, but not much. You need a second power source for the replacement hard drive, then you use Chimp 2618 (burned to DVD-R at 4x or slower). Get everything set up, boot with chimp, hotswap the new disk onto the DVD IDE connector, then just select the chimp disk locking option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users