• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 brian.beverly19

brian.beverly19

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:19 AM

this system was RGH'd, back usb plug was used for hdd, system was on, hdd was plugged and then the fan went real loud, kids turned the system off, now no power. i check if there is a short in any of the usb's which might cause no power but nothing is touching. I plugged power cord in and checked voltage on all three usb's and the 5v pin reads 0v on all three. there is power to unit because coolrunner light is on, also check other 3.3v areas and they read out good. Anything i can check to see where short is coming to cause 0v to usb. also if the pins are touching, i can check for continuity by grounding and then touch each pin, correct. only the ground beeps which is normal. any help would be good, thanks in advance

#2 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:58 AM

you're 100% sure there isn't a short in that usb port?
What colors are your brick going through?
You'll probably want to remove the coolrunner, and restore the box to stock.
Usually blown mosfet = dead 5v rail.
Fans spinning up loudly, sounds like a properly configured dashboard for a jtag/rgh. smile.gif But probably was the short occurring, and some mosfets going bye bye.

Edited by insanity4all, 18 May 2012 - 05:25 AM.

#3 hersheys247

hersheys247

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

Thank you for your reply. Brick stays constant yellow, I checked the mosfits U5B1 and U5B2, they are 1.8 and 3.3v. I'm sure about the usb as I looked at them and black plastic is still in, also there is no continuity to the ground when touch any of the pins other than the ground pin. Is there another mosfits I should check or maybe another part if the board that supplies usb, because board is getting power, brick is yellow when plugged in, stays yellow when pressing power but no part on xbox lights, tried different rd board. Just looking for things to check or possible away to disable usb un the back jusy invade I'm missing something with a shirt being there.

#4 brian.beverly19

brian.beverly19

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:28 AM

Found solution, admin please close.

#5 hardrock351w

hardrock351w

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

Glad you found your solution,...but you should at least let us know what it was,....that way if another member comes along with the same problem, your "solution" may work for them as well.

#6 dcaway

dcaway

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:44 PM

^^ indeed, i just found this thread on google after having the same issue. still trying to sort it out...

#7 dcaway

dcaway

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

figured it out. for me the clock line somehow broke?? worked fine for months and all the sudden, fans kicked into high during gameplay and the console froze. had to unplug to power it off. anyway, a jumper from the coolrunner clk (orange) wire at the chip to the alt clk point (ft2r2) and console is all good now.

#8 Cooreyyx

Cooreyyx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:58 AM

This happend to me using my Xenon,i replaced the HDD and eveything was fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users