• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:21 AM

Hey guys,

I'll try to make this brief.

I have a JTAG Xenon on 13599.

I updated from 13599 to 17416.

During the avatar update step, it showed it was extracting files, then showed me the E71 error.
Any attempt to turn the 360 after resulted in E71.
I took my backup (dumped with NAND Flasher 360 v1.2.0) and used the installed Xell Reloaded to install my backup.

Well FSD loads fine as do games and the avatar editor, but if I try to go to the original 360 menu (NXE) or go into system settings via the mini-blades, it'll turn into an E71 error. This also happens with one game; The Walking Dead episode 1.

So now I don't know what to do.

I should also note that when I dumped my 13599 image, it showed I had 11 bad blocks. But I remember when I originally JTAG'ed the system and also when I updated my dashes a couple of times, I only had one bad block. Now it shows 11 (including the one I had way back when)!

Any advice would be appreciated!

I have my original stock NAND (old blades menu, 1 bad block) and the dump I got before updating today (13599, 11 bad blocks).

#2 evertonman67

evertonman67

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Everything there is to do with Microsoft Xbox's
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

Try this method :- re-flash your ORIGINAL nand image back onto your nand chip (Coolshrimps JTAG Tool is perfect for this),then using the latest version of J-Runner re-start from the beginning of building your hacked image to flash onto your nand chip.BTW J-Runner comes with really easy to follow instructions in it's package.

#3 DeVante

DeVante

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

OK I fixed it. By the way, it was showing I had like 11 bad blocks when before I only had one.

Here's what I did.

Flashed my original JTAG NAND back using Flash360 (instead of Xell Reloaded).
- This got rid of E71 while going to NXE or system settings.

Redumped NAND using Flash360.
- Checked this NAND using Degraded.
- Degraded showed my original bad block as the only bad block, but it also showed 5 blocks that were remapped.

Unmapped ALL of the bad and redirected blocks using AutoGG.
- Remapped the single bad block.

Created 14719 image using J-Runner.
- Flashed it using Flash360 (ran from the Xbox 360 itself)

SUCCESS!

Not sure why it showed I had 11 bad blocks before, but now it shows my single bad block that I've always had and everything works fine.
I think what messed me up was using NAND Flasher to dump and Xell Reloaded to flash. Between them, I got all kinds of non-existent bad block issues.
It seems Flash360 handle dumping and flashing a lot better, and J-Runner is a cinch to use.

#4 DeVante

DeVante

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE(evertonman67 @ May 20 2012, 03:07 PM) View Post

Try this method :- re-flash your ORIGINAL nand image back onto your nand chip (Coolshrimps JTAG Tool is perfect for this),then using the latest version of J-Runner re-start from the beginning of building your hacked image to flash onto your nand chip.BTW J-Runner comes with really easy to follow instructions in it's package.

Oh and just to let you know, I tried this first by using Xell Reloaded to flash my original, but even after flashing back to the backup, I'd get E71 errors going to NXE or system settings, or when loading Walking Dead.

Later on I tried using Flash360 and it made everything work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users