#1 LaZzieph

LaZzieph

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

ok so I rgh`d my brand new 360slim... followed the tut on free60/wiki, not to difficult blink.gif but I now have XeLL running (every time)
so... what do I do now to get XBMC, cool emulators, replacement dash, dump my games etc..
tried finding stuff on xbscene but everywhere I look itīs way further than where I am...
can anyone point me to a "supernoob" followup.. plz smile.gif
thx

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

You need to download some more software:
- 360_Multi_Builder_v0.93
- Dashlaunch 2.32 (mainly for the documentation, so you can modify the dashlaunch launch.ini file)
- Freestyle Dashboard 2.2 Auto Installer (ISO, Live and XEX options) - you need the Live version
- you might also want to find XeXMenu1.2 (ISO, Live and XEX versions)

Use 360_Multi_Builder_v0.93 to build a new image based on your original NAND dump. Rename it updflash.bin, put it on a FAT formatted USB memory stick and reboot your 360 with the USB stick plugged in. It will reflash your NAND so that you get Xell if you boot with the eject button, and another dash (default is the stock MS dash) if you boot normally. Unpack Freestyle Dashboard 2.2 Auto Installer and put it on the USB stick, and reboot. Use it to install Freestyle Dash.

You might also want to install the Live version of XexMenu (copy it to Content\0000000000000000\). This allows you to get back to homebrew from the NXE dash.

There is no XBMC for the Xbox 360.

#3 LaZzieph

LaZzieph

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

excellent, thx a million man

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

I left out the answer to the last bit of your original question. Once you have Freestyle Dash and XeXMenu installed you can use them to copy or FTP emulators, other homebrew etc. to your Xbox.

The other bit of useful info, to save you a bit of searching, is that if you want the eye candy you will need to install the Avatars for your dash version. Just get the dash update for your dashboard version (the latest one is easily available from Microsoft, a bit of searching will find you any other versions), unpack it then rename it $$ystemupdate, put it on a USB stick, then reboot your Xbox and accept the update.

Edited by Heimdall, 20 May 2012 - 04:44 PM.

#5 LaZzieph

LaZzieph

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

biggest problem I had was the effin xbox DOES NOT support wlan on the 5GHz-band (now I should have remembered this... wasnīt that long ago I had the same issue)
only took about 40 min before I remembered/realized... LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users