Jump to content


Photo

Extract-xiso Rewrite Option - Messed Up All Default.xex's


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 paziulek

paziulek

    X-S Enthusiast

  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Location:NC
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:01 AM

Hi, I decided to "optimize" the 8+GB ISOs, in batch, for later extract or conversion to GOD.
It saved approximately 40% of space ( 100+ ISOs )
Then I found out that extract-xiso changes the default.xex file in a way that it is an invalid file - xextool does not detect the xex format anymore - game is unusable.
and of course, i removed all original ISOs....
I compared the xex's with few original ones I got and they have the same file size but the data is WAY different....
is there any way to revert/undo/fix the changes done to default.xex?
Thanks!

ps: i used "extract-xiso v2.7.0 (09.30.11)"

#2 steveo1978

steveo1978

    Super Moderator

  • Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:north carolina
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

Use exiso with the exiso to extract the iso and they will work fine in xextool. also just you Xbox Backup Creator to browse the disc and get the xex files from there that are messed up.

#3 paziulek

paziulek

    X-S Enthusiast

  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Location:NC
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:01 AM

Thanks for your reply steveo1978,
yes, the only way is to extract the xex from the originals, I will try also exiso,
The funny thing about extract-xiso is the release dates, and the changelog included in the sources:

extract-xiso v2.7.0 (09.30.11) for linux - written by in <in@fishtank.com>
modified by Aiyyo & somski

extract-xiso v2.6.4 (12.01.31) for linux - written by in <in@fishtank.com> - modified by Aiyyo


the 2.6.4 inludes changes in 2.7.0 + has one option more - in the changelog - beginning of the .c :

01.31.12 aiyyo: Added new command line switch (-o ftp port number) - kind of funny

the "iso optimize" code is really written for xbox1 ( xbe ), there is no instance of trying to open a xex file, just xbe, and that code is quite ooold, so I am quite surprised that all my "optimized" isos have the xex file messed up... ( the file header is "garbage" )
Well, I will try a few things more, in the meantime I extracted a few of my originals to see what could go wrong....

Thanks again!





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users