• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Goatfacekilla

Goatfacekilla

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

Basically, are my corrupted files going to transfer over to my new harddrive?

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

Basically, we can't tell.

It depends on what is corrupted (the file data or the FAT), how you are doing the transfer, why the corruption happened in the first place.

It is perfectly possible under the right circumstances for a corrupted file to transfer quite happily - but it will still be corrupted when it gets to the new drive.

#3 Goatfacekilla

Goatfacekilla

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

Oops. I guess I should have given some background info. My harddrive became corrupted randomly one day when I went to turn on my xbox system. At first, the xbox would not load the dashboard, but after a reboot, I got to a screen that said my harddrive was corrupted. Fortunately, I was able to upload a majority of my save files over to cloud storage, so I could (hopefully) download them later.

I was planning on transferring between drives using the transfer cable made by Microsoft. Also, my old harddrive is the 20gb and I plan on getting the 250gb harddrive.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

You should also have posted in the right section - this is Xbox 1. Hopefully a mod will move it, and someone with a deep working knowledge of Xbox 360 hard drive corruption and data recovery will be able to help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users