Photo

File Transfer To Xbox Via Usb Problem - Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nintendo&Sega

Nintendo&Sega

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

Hey there, cheers in advance for taking the time to read this. Hopefully you can help smile.gif

I've been transferring files to my softmodded xbox via a 4gb usb drive through a usb adapter for a while now without a single problem - until yesterday, that is.

When trying to copy a folder from my (mounted) usb drive the transfer starts as normal but a message pops-up shortly thereafter stating 'Copy Failed - Failed To Copy At least One File, Operation Was Aborted'. I haven't a clue why this is happening because i'm not doing anything different to times in the past.

My first thought was that either the adapter or usb drive (or both) were at fault, but having checked and transferred the folder successfully to another xbox, I think there may be an issue with the xbox i'm trying to put the folder to (said folder is Winstonx in case you're wondering).

If anyone reading this has experienced and resolved the same issue, can you please let me know how it was fixed? The same obviously goes for those kind folks with an expert knowledge on all things XBMC for XBOX, narrowing down where the problem is so i can transfer again.

Any help is very much appreciated biggrin.gif

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

Which dash?

Which partition are you transferring the files to?

Is there enough space left on the partition?

Does it work if you try a different destination partition?

Does it work if you transfer a different file?

#3 Nintendo&Sega

Nintendo&Sega

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

Hey Heimdall, thanks for the reply smile.gif

Re the Dash, I think it's version 2.1, going by the System Info screen (I hope that makes sense, if not please point me in the right direction where I can confirm it for sure).

All my files are transferred to the largest partition, F (it's a 40gb drive and there's approx 12gb free on that partition).

Strangely enough i never thought of trying to transfer the folder to another partition. Having tried (to the E partition), it worked perfectly! Any idea why it's not allowing files to be transferred to the F partition where i'd like it?

Thanks again for the reply smile.gif

#4 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE(Nintendo&Sega @ May 22 2012, 12:14 AM) View Post

Hey Heimdall, thanks for the reply smile.gif
Re the Dash, I think it's version 2.1, going by the System Info screen (I hope that makes sense, if not please point me in the right direction where I can confirm it for sure).

All my files are transferred to the largest partition, F (it's a 40gb drive and there's approx 12gb free on that partition).

Strangely enough i never thought of trying to transfer the folder to another partition. Having tried (to the E partition), it worked perfectly! Any idea why it's not allowing files to be transferred to the F partition where i'd like it?

Thanks again for the reply smile.gif

prehaps there is a folder of the same name and contents there that needs deleting 1st..
or some coruption.

#5 Nintendo&Sega

Nintendo&Sega

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:35 PM

Thanks for helping shambles1980.

Unfortunately it's not a duplicate folder or contents - if only it was that simple!

Any idea how I tell if the rest of the F partition is corrupted? Assuming it is corrupted is there anyway to fix it so I can continue to add all my files to F?

(I did manage to copy Winstonx to E and it worked. I then tried to move the folder to F. Although it moved ok to F, WinstonX failed to start. I've still got around 12gb in F so really don't want to see that go to waste!)

Thanks again.

Anyone else wanting to help or suggest something to try please feel free smile.gif

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

Your only option is to backup the current contents (which you should always do anyway, because the Xbox file system was never designed for large drives), reformat the F partition, and restore the contents from your backup.

#7 Nintendo&Sega

Nintendo&Sega

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

Cheers Heimdall, I'll format the F partition and see if that works.

Many thanks for the links too; looking to upgrade the hard-drive very soon so they'll prove invaluable.

I very much appreciate the help - Top Poster!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users