4 replies to this topic

#1 Kostas7GTR

Kostas7GTR

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

Hello,
Im having a problem on my RGH Jasper 16mb. I wanted lower my GPU temperature without setting the fans on FSD to "High" values that would make more noise. I got one 4cm fan to install on my GPU heatpipe so i also got a 3pin splitter and installed it to XBox motherboard header.On one pair of splitter i installed the 4cm fan and on the other (that had the speed control cable also)i installed the 2 normal Xbox fans. I power it on but the 4cm fan didnt rotate so i thought it is getting low voltage and i went to FSD and set the fans to 100%. Even after that the 4cm didnt rotate at all. I thought something wrong with the cables on the pin of the splitter i had connected the 4cm fan so i took a digital multimeter and try read what voltage it was giving. My bad i shortcircit it and after that the fans that was working at 100% from FSD drop to like 40%. I power off the xbox unplug it and plug after 5 min. Fans work like 40% also. I go to FSD fan settings and no matter where i set them they rotate about 40% now huh.gif I guess i burned a mosfet or something that has to do with the Fan speed Control. I opened the xbox to check if there is some visible burn on any ic or mosfet but they seem untouched. None seems to blown up (at least its not visible).
I found this old topic about Fan speed Controler burned on Xbox360. http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=718037
Is this the only one that might have been burned? Im asking cause my fans are working like 40% and dont change, they not 100% dead. Thanks for your time. smile.gif

Edited by Kostas7GTR, 22 May 2012 - 09:15 PM.

#2 duhasst0

duhasst0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

Why not try a different fan for the original fans. If could be that you messed up the fans. But if you take.a.look at any of your mosfets they have to be checked.off the board and with out the right preheater you really should not attempt.

#3 Kostas7GTR

Kostas7GTR

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(duhasst0 @ May 23 2012, 12:49 AM) View Post

Why not try a different fan for the original fans. If could be that you messed up the fans. But if you take.a.look at any of your mosfets they have to be checked.off the board and with out the right preheater you really should not attempt.

Actually by this that happend i dont have speed control at all. If console heats up fans remain same speed so i want at least fix this. I already ordered replacement fan but have to fix the Speed control problem. Btw i got heater to desolder the mosfet so its no problem

#4 Kostas7GTR

Kostas7GTR

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

I found my self, it was this one:

IPB Image

I replaced it from an old falcon mobo and it works like a charm. Mods please lock laugh.gif

#5 aarones

aarones

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

If could be that you messed up the fans.IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users