Photo

Wanted 2x360's Rgh, Etc... Trading Asus G73 I7 Laptop.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bentbob

bentbob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:17 AM

I have an Asus g73 Gaming Laptop. Like this one here.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834230021

However there are a few small issues with it, but let me list the specs first.

Asus G73
10 Gig Ram
64gig Sata Kingston SSD Drive
ATI 5870 video card
I7-740qm cpu.
1600x900 screen
cd/dvd burner
Power Adapter

The system works fine.

The Bad

Screen has dead pixels, I was going to replace this but gave up on the idea as it seemed hard work, new LCD on ebay $60-$90. I figure if you guys can RGH something, replacing a screen should not be hard.

Backlit keyboard is not working after I paid someone to replace the powerjack.

Cover that holds the hard drive in memory, one screw cover has broken off, that might need to be replaced.

I am looking for 2xRGH 360's slim...HD's would be nice, controllers would be awesome..

Can upload photos later tonight, have traded with several people on here so I do have references.

Thanks for looking at this.

#2 Grim187

Grim187

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:36 AM

im interested, how many cores dose it have? and at what speed do they run?

i need better a laptop (running a 04 Toshiba tablet), 10gb of ram would be awesome, 64gb hdd is a bit small tho, dose it have a 2nd bay for a hdd?

#3 bentbob

bentbob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:06 AM

All good questions

Yes It has 8 cores. It has the drive bay for another drive (I did have one it but removed it, you will need to buy a cradle, or Mcguyer one)

The CPU is an I7 runs at 1.73ghz, and boosts to 2.93hz when needed. Here is a link to the same laptop.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834230021

Currently running a legit version of Windows 7 (serial is on the bottom)

Like I mentioned the downside is, about 10 dead pixels, new screen on Ebay $60-$100.. I do not have the energy or motivation to replace it myself.. I've looked at your threads, Im sure if you can solder in boards to xboxs then you can easily replace a lcd screen.

I am not sure what happened to the pictures.. however will repost them.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

The Laptop is 17.3" and does have a damn good N card in it also. The dead pixels are seen on both screen that have white on the left and after my name it shown, if that makes sense.

Edited by bentbob, 23 May 2012 - 03:08 AM.

#4 Maelstrom987

Maelstrom987

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:08 AM

Did a trade with bentbob recently, sent me 3 HDD's for an RGH. Got everything as he said, A-OK.

Nice laptop, btw, always been a fan of asus.

#5 Grim187

Grim187

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:06 AM

should be about a week till i can get the coolrunners and get them installed...i think i need to change the dvd drive key in one and replace the dvd drive in the other.

gawd, i just contemplated all the things i have to do in a day, im surprised i ever sleep.

anyways, im not much of a gamer anymore (no free time), i could definitive use the upgrade, have you used it for like video encoding? or editing (like adobe premiere pro)?...could i maybe teamviewer and check it out?

it has a 1.3mp camera so im assuming it has a built in mic too?

#6 bentbob

bentbob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:01 AM

Yes it has a webcam and built in Mic. No I have never encoded, but its a good video card, its an I7, oh and it has 12gigs of ram (not 10)... It will handle the software you throw at it.

Yes you can do teamviewer if you want, however next 4 days I work from and don't get in till 10pm PST.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users