• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 brock777

brock777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:38 AM

Can I take out my RROD xbox 360 original ethernet port or chip or whatever it is, and put it in my lightning striked xbox 360 original place instead ? or fix rrod xbox with good one or some shit lol!! fuck

yea I was sitting here playin the xbox when it got popped thanks

#2 canyonnehastings

canyonnehastings

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE(brock777 @ May 22 2012, 11:38 PM) View Post

Can I take out my RROD xbox 360 original ethernet port or chip or whatever it is, and put it in my lightning striked xbox 360 original place instead ? or fix rrod xbox with good one or some shit lol!! fuck

yea I was sitting here playin the xbox when it got popped thanks

Sure you can, but if you don't have the tools to fix the RROD xbox, you definitely don't have the tools to remove an ethernet chip and port.

#3 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,782 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:29 AM

Yes and No. It depends on the version of Ethernet chip that is in both of them. There is an ICS and a BCM version, and while they both do the same thing and the boards are setup to use either one, they're not swappable because they use different support components, so all of that would have to be swapped as well and that's just not worth it. If they are both ICS then they can be swapped, likewise for the BCM, but that version chip needs to be done with a hot air rework station, whereas the ICS chip can be done with a soldering iron if done properly.

If you have a RRoD one with error code 0102 or 0022 you should look into getting it reflowed properly by someone with the correct setup for best results there.

#4 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:58 AM

I once tried swapping the ethernet chip and no dice.

I've done the BCM/UT61 one before and it still threw a E76. But maybe I didn't do it right. Because the UT61... or whatever chip is tiny.

Edited by deilzfcjk, 23 May 2012 - 08:10 AM.

#5 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

I've done both version chips on lightning struck 360 consoles and never had that issue, because the Ethernet chip is just a controller, it's not version specific to the 360, or anything it's used in.

If you still get e76 after a swap, which isn't always an Ethernet chip issue as most times a lightning struck one will just not connect is all, then there's another problem, most likely the Southbridge took the hit from the Ethernet port instead of the ICS/BCM chip.

#6 wilgo45

wilgo45

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

I can help in changing out your Internet Controller chip, if you're interested.

I have the tools. Have done several ICS chips. Can probably do the BCM chip too. It will be trickier though - small chip

I also have spare parts on hand.

#7 brock777

brock777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE(wilgo45 @ May 23 2012, 08:50 AM) View Post

I can help in changing out your Internet Controller chip, if you're interested.

I have the tools. Have done several ICS chips. Can probably do the BCM chip too. It will be trickier though - small chip

I also have spare parts on hand.

I have 2 of the original xbox 360's...I would try to fix it if it's not super hard to fix...if you could do it. how do i trust i get my xbox back? and how does it work?

#8 wilgo45

wilgo45

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE(brock777 @ May 23 2012, 05:49 AM) View Post

I have 2 of the original xbox 360's...I would try to fix it if it's not super hard to fix...if you could do it. how do i trust i get my xbox back? and how does it work?

How to know if I am trustworthy ?? Well - going to give you a list of screen names. Xbox Scene member that I have done work for recently. Repairs -various types.

juvix8888 ... mikeyngo .... ShadowGuy ... effbee05 ... albcool ... DeVante ..... ksuhumpy ... Jcb890 .... dopesun

You can check with they guys. They all got their stuff back, repaired

I also have a thread on repairs that has some customer comment. Will send it to you in a PM

Now, RDC is the Man. If he's available to do repairs, he's probably one of the Best. You'll have to ask him.

But I am available

#9 canyonnehastings

canyonnehastings

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE(brock777 @ May 23 2012, 05:49 AM) View Post

I vouch for Wilgo. He's legit.

#10 brock777

brock777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE(wilgo45 @ May 23 2012, 09:48 PM) View Post

How to know if I am trustworthy ?? Well - going to give you a list of screen names. Xbox Scene member that I have done work for recently. Repairs -various types.

juvix8888 ... mikeyngo .... ShadowGuy ... effbee05 ... albcool ... DeVante ..... ksuhumpy ... Jcb890 .... dopesun

You can check with they guys. They all got their stuff back, repaired

I also have a thread on repairs that has some customer comment. Will send it to you in a PM

Now, RDC is the Man. If he's available to do repairs, he's probably one of the Best. You'll have to ask him.

But I am available

hmm, do you think it would be easier to have my buddy fix the RROD on my old xbox? or should i jus get you to switch the ethernet sht lol..how much it cost will determine if i could get u to do it

#11 wilgo45

wilgo45

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE(brock777 @ May 23 2012, 09:42 PM) View Post

hmm, do you think it would be easier to have my buddy fix the RROD on my old xbox? or should i jus get you to switch the ethernet sht lol..how much it cost will determine if i could get u to do it

Sounds to me both Xboxes could be fixed. I also do chip reballing. Let know what the secondary code on the rrod system is. If your friend can do a quality job, then great. But if he's just using a heatgun - that's not quality.

For your Internet Controller IC - as long as it the ICS style, will do the repair for $20
... if its the BCM chip - I'd charge 25

I have available Internet IC's - so my donors are right here

Full console shipping - Priority Postal Flat Rate will 10.85 - one way. It might be cheaper to send just the motherboard - in Parcel ... maybe

In this thread - I don't think you indicated what you are experiencing with this system. Onscreen error code ??
RROD out front ???? System not powering ?? System not connecting to the Internet ??

#12 maximilian0017

maximilian0017

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE(RDC @ May 23 2012, 09:13 AM) View Post

I've done both version chips on lightning struck 360 consoles and never had that issue, because the Ethernet chip is just a controller, it's not version specific to the 360, or anything it's used in.

If you still get e76 after a swap, which isn't always an Ethernet chip issue as most times a lightning struck one will just not connect is all, then there's another problem, most likely the Southbridge took the hit from the Ethernet port instead of the ICS/BCM chip.

And/or the magnetics witch can be integrated into the Network connector or in a seperate housing.
(been a long time since i opened up a 360)

#13 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

I think I have also seen that it might be a certain resistor or capacitor that might be blown in the general area of this chip either right next to the chip or underneath the board.

I just fixed an E76 error xbox like 2 weeks ago and I just had to swap the ICS chip

The chip you need if its the ICS is ICS1893BFLFT digikey doesnt have any stock anymore of this chip, but I cant find it anywhere else. Luckily I just took mine of a spare old xenon dead board and put it on the BB Jasper that had the e76, after first check I still had e76, then I put on some more flux and noticed that 2 legs might be touching and got those separated and then retouched all my soldering and it worked after I tried booting it again.

Edited by BoNg420, 25 May 2012 - 04:57 PM.

#14 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

@ maximilian0017 - The transformer in the connector failing is extremely rare, I've never seen it happen personally or even heard of anyone on here replacing it and having it solve an issue. It's more likely to fail mechanically with a pin in it getting bent and causing an issue before that happened, but yes, it's also another thing that could cause Ethernet issues.

#15 maximilian0017

maximilian0017

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE(RDC @ May 25 2012, 05:57 PM) View Post

@ maximilian0017 - The transformer in the connector failing is extremely rare, I've never seen it happen personally or even heard of anyone on here replacing it and having it solve an issue.

It would not cause an e76(thought about the dash network errors and not startup errors like the E76 really is unsure.gif ), but it could explain problems with connecting and down/uploads.

As a network engineer i have swapped these when the above problems persist after a repair, after opening one up i was greeted by crispy wires.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users