• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joezink88

joezink88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

Ok so Iíve put modding my slim off for a while now but whatís happening is the way they designed the slim to turn off or freeze to keep from overheating is bugging the crap out of me. The new fan is quiet and seem to do a fairly good job but I am having to constantly power the slim off and on again due to it freezing . I have a ton of extra fans that I can use to give it that extra coolness. I know this is lazy but could I gang the extra fan of the corresponding wires so they run on the same frequency highs and lows as such or will that rob too much power from that source? I want to place the extra fan on the exterior of the slim so space isnít an issue. Iím trying to avoid soldering so I was thinking maybe I could wire nut the wires up and tap em to a secure place.

#2 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

I think most people who want to fan mod slims just cut the blue wire. You can also pull it out of the connector if you lift the little white clip with a knife as you pull out the female pin.

I've been making fan booster mod chips for the PS3 fans that increase the PWM control signal about 20%. I just recently tried one on a 360 slim fan and it doesn't work, the fan control signal is different. The fan pulls the signal high when disconnected, that's why cutting the blue wire works. I'm going to see if I can make a chip that properly controls the 360 S fan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users