• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 garnold0611

garnold0611

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

Okay, so it's been about two years since I had someone mod the DVD drive on my phat Lite-On Xbox 360 system. If I remember at the time, they needed to get some important files from the Xbox so that they could mod the drive. Well, I don't have those original files and I couldn't even remember who I brought it to to mod it in the first place, so those are long gone.

My question is, I want to be able to mod my xbox so I can run games off an external hdd, but is that now impossible since I don't have those DVD modding files? Or are those completely different (just allowing the DVD drive to be able to read burnt DVDs) and not even applicable to modding the xbox system to be able to read from a hdd?

Like I said, its been a while... I am on dashboard 2.0.7371.0

Any help would really be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

#2 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(garnold0611 @ May 25 2012, 11:49 AM) View Post

Okay, so it's been about two years since I had someone mod the DVD drive on my phat Lite-On Xbox 360 system. If I remember at the time, they needed to get some important files from the Xbox so that they could mod the drive. Well, I don't have those original files and I couldn't even remember who I brought it to to mod it in the first place, so those are long gone.

My question is, I want to be able to mod my xbox so I can run games off an external hdd, but is that now impossible since I don't have those DVD modding files? Or are those completely different (just allowing the DVD drive to be able to read burnt DVDs) and not even applicable to modding the xbox system to be able to read from a hdd?

Like I said, its been a while... I am on dashboard 2.0.7371.0

Any help would really be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

If you update your dashboard then you would probably get stuck at an error message when doing so.

You need to flash the DVD drive back to stock and then update, then flash back to new hacked firmware. Your firmware will be so outdated it wont play any new games. You can still get the firmware files off the DVD rom as long as you have proper tools.

Your XBOX is also capable of being JTAG if its on the 7371 and if it has the right CB. With JTAG you can play games off external hard drive up to 2TB in size. You can put homebrew on there, run unsigned code, put on emulators and ROMs, and custom dashboard. NO XBOX LIVE though with JTAG console or it get banned same day you go on.

You have the two options I mentioned either flashing your drive back to stock then updating then flashing the drive to a new firmware or if you arent going to use live, your best bet is to just JTAG the XBOX so you can play your games off external USB hard drive. If you are interested in getting either done I offer service for both. PM me and let me know.

#3 garnold0611

garnold0611

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

Thank you for the quick response... pm sent to ya about jtagging!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users