X360usb

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tauhir

Tauhir

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Enjoys playing games, fixing things, working with cars and sightseeing.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

Hey Xbox-scene!

I'm a new member here - my first post - but I've been reading and researching through your forums for a year now, and have flashed about 7 Phat xbox's, and I'd like to take on a slim, but I've seen all over the web saying that I should use the X360USB, but for the phat's I've used my computer's sata port which has worked perfectly as well as a home-made molex to 360 drive power cable. My motherboard is an ASUS P5G41T -M LX
and I'm using the onboard SATA.
My question is:
Will my onboard SATA work with the SLIM dvd drives, or will I encounter problems? I already know the best option is the X360USB but I don't have funding for it currently.

Thanks in advanced guys! This forum is IMHO the best xbox one around, beerchug.gif love.gif

Tauhir

#2 CarpeDiem0

CarpeDiem0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Perpetuating quality information, minimizing rumors, crushing lies, and helping n00bs.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:07 AM

Yeah, Slim is a totally different animal. To get a responsible answer on this, we need to know your actual Southbridge chipset. Chances are that it is not, but information never hurts.

Figure out your onboard SATA chipset:
Download and install CPUz - http://www.cpuid.com....1-setup-en.exe
Go to mainboard tab and read the info next to Southbridge
Post Southbridge information here

Honestly, this is not the kind of thing that you want to skimp on, or go into with fingers crossed, but hey, do what you like.

Bear in mind that you will often be able to SlimKey with standard PC hardware. The challange lies in WRITING anything to the drive after you've extracted the information. The flash chips are locked against being written to, and the only to defeat that lock is to modify the board (MXIC) or the chip itself (Winbond). It may be a good idea to read the JungleFlasher tutorial on this subject and ensure you have the tools and skill required.

The alternative is to buy an after-market unlocked board. Team Xecuter makes a custom one. Unlocked stock boards are also available on ebay and the like.

Hope something here helps. Good luck!

Edited by CarpeDiem0, 26 May 2012 - 03:13 AM.

#3 Tauhir

Tauhir

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Enjoys playing games, fixing things, working with cars and sightseeing.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

Southbridge : 82801GB (1CH7 /R) Rev. A1

according to http://www.ehow.com/...360-drives.html it should work.. I'd still like to know your opinion though.

I've done my research and I ordered the X-Bond incase I need to PMT and I have resistors in order to do the russian hack. I've worked with PCB's before and this shouldn't be a problem but I thought I'd buy the X-bond to decrease the chance of an accident. I'd go for the unlocked board but I'm in south africa, and the variety is rather limited, and the prices are steep. I'm looking at importing a few at a later date...

I've got another question, I'm not sure if I should open a new thread but I'll ask with hopes that you can help me... Is there a part list for the Zephyr and Xenon boards? Specifically capacitors.. I thought I'd be cheap and oven an xbox... Which didn't go as planned, and the chips seem to be fine, but I've popped most of the capacitors, so I'd like to replace them and retry the board.. I've checked the chips for bridging but seem to have found nothing bad.. And if there isn't a list, I'll compile one and post it:)

Thanks

Tauhir

#4 CarpeDiem0

CarpeDiem0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Perpetuating quality information, minimizing rumors, crushing lies, and helping n00bs.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:59 AM

Southbridge : 82801GB (1CH7 /R) Rev. A1

ICH7 is usually fine for phat... as for Slim, honestly I can't remember. I've never used one for Slim, and I can't think of a specific occasion where I've been involved with it.

As for unlocking the chip, that one only works for MXIC SPIs, so be sure you have a 03, and not a 05 on your chip.

As far as a parts list, not that I've seen. I have seen a Xenon spec sheet, as well as a general 360 connector description sheet, but I don't recall if either of them specifies part numbers/vendors. 'Round here, I would just buy another broken 360 for $25USD and start over or part it out. The equivilent parts would probably cost about that here, anyway.

Meh, guess I wasn't much help. Hopefully something here was useful. Take it easy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users