6 replies to this topic

#1 STICKYFINGERZ

STICKYFINGERZ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:10 AM

hELLO ALL.

I am a new member, I have ran ino this problem and am Trying to fix it. I was told that getting a jtagged 360 would mean I could play my games and not worry about scratched/lost discs. I tried copying my games and download content that I purchased onto my 360, it wouldnt work,I installed them on the thumbdrive and it says Download content corrupt, but it works on my regular 360....but Then,when I connectted my Kinect and got it working, the layout of the 360 changed and now I cant find the "file manager" to play my games. I check storage devices and it shows my harddrive, but wont show any details.
Has anyone had this happen? I know when you update a modded Wii, it changes it back to original settings and was wondering if that is what happened?

#2 hardrock351w

hardrock351w

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

Sounds like you updated the dash with a Microsoft update,.....if thats the case, then you can no longer run unsigned code,...therefore your xbox is no longer a jtaged unit.
Hopefully whoever installed the jtag was good enough to take the precautions to prevent the e-fuses from blowing.
If thats the case, you might be able to save it.(re-flash the nand with the original files if you got em)

Also your downloaded content will have to be unlocked (Yaris Swap) to work on your jtag, as it is locked to the original 360 you downloaded to.

If you can't save your jtag (don't have original flash of the nand,...or e-fuses blown), you can remove the jtag mod, and then possibly buy a RGH mod-chip to run unsigned code again.

Also another option is that you could buy a device like the xk3y, or the wasabi 360 to play your iso's off of an external HDD.

Hope this helps

#3 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:51 AM

If the CPU fuses were protected then the new dash would not load. Sounds like JTAG is finished. If it's dash 14717 or higher then you need a RGH2 chip, if your motherboard version works with one.

#4 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:26 AM

Yea sounds like you updated it with an official MS dashboard.

Can you check what version dashboard you have? Go to settings, and then find console info and it will say like 2.0.xxxx something.

#5 40_ounce

40_ounce

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:42 AM

Or try powering on by pressing the eject button on the disc drive. Tell us what happens when you do that.

#6 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE(40_ounce @ May 27 2012, 12:42 AM) View Post

Or try powering on by pressing the eject button on the disc drive. Tell us what happens when you do that.

Yup good call, if you press eject to power it on it should bring up xell if its still JTAG if not then its not JTAG no more.

#7 hardrock351w

hardrock351w

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(relaxxx @ May 26 2012, 08:51 PM) View Post

If the CPU fuses were protected then the new dash would not load. Sounds like JTAG is finished. If it's dash 14717 or higher then you need a RGH2 chip, if your motherboard version works with one.

lol good point,....wasn't even thinking about the dash not loading. rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users