2 replies to this topic

#1 Hugeli

Hugeli

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

Video here! Please watch...

Video shows me trying to open and put a game into the DVD drive. It keeps on closing and opening and the green light blinks...

Anyone know what is the problem and how to solve it? I've been playing this xbox system for 8 years almost daily, without any problems. And no, i haven't ever opened it, neither have i softmodded it. It's all orginal.

Thanks,
-Hugeli

#2 capboy210

capboy210

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modification, computers, games, live, friends, girls, eating pasta.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE(Hugeli @ May 26 2012, 03:08 PM) View Post

Video here! Please watch...

Video shows me trying to open and put a game into the DVD drive. It keeps on closing and opening and the green light blinks...

Anyone know what is the problem and how to solve it? I've been playing this xbox system for 8 years almost daily, without any problems. And no, i haven't ever opened it, neither have i softmodded it. It's all orginal.

Thanks,
-Hugeli

Haha sorry but that's kind of a funny problem to have. But in all seriousness, id replace the front PCB and swap it with a known working one. If that doesn't work you may have to open the DVD drive and re-align the tray.

#3 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

I can't see the video but from the description it sounds as if it could be either one of two pretty common things.

As said ^ maybe be a damaged trace on a PCB somewhere but first thing to try is realigning the disc drawer. Google search and you should find a short tutorial on how to do that.

But if this doesn't work try replacing or reconditioning the drive belt found under the disc drawer. There are plenty of threads on this subject.

The drive belt controls not only the opening/closing of the drawer but also powers the laser carriage mechanism. The theory is that if for whatever reason the tray does not close fully or the laser carriage swing into place correctly the switching mechanism that should turn off the motor doesen't operate. The mechanism goes into reverse re-opening the drawer.

It is only a theory but I have had this problem on one Xbox myself and along with the tray realignment, a bit of lubrication and replacement of the drive belt it almost totally cured the trouble.

Edited by fallenangle, 28 May 2012 - 12:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users