magnus__hydra

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

I installed a coolrunner and a cygnos to a box 6 months ago. Last night a buddy came over and I went to wire up the internal flash usb hdd mod and wired everything up right. Turn on the xbox and goes to green to a red light... Take off the usb wire turn on the xbox still the same thing. Clean the board look around for solder splashes try again same thing. *note*Check both nand for each test.Check the error code and get 0002....

Now before he came over I installed a cygnos and a coolrunner into another xbox. It was acting the same way only the RGH side.(2nd nand) When I flashed the 2nd nand it would work fine until I turned it off. Before my buddy came over I had it working fine. I could turn off the xbox retail and rgh side and had no problems. Tests both side 4-6 times before I unplugged it and set it to the side. So everything was working fine. plugged it in after tying my buddys box and it is not red lighting again...

I though it might be the HDMI or the power brick. Tried 2 different power bricks and component cable still no go.. Idk what to do. I am going to take both the cool runner and cygnos off soon even though they work both working find and can still read and write to both xbox and cygnos nands.

#2 wilgo45

wilgo45

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

There's been more modding to your system than most so, my answer may not be perfect for this case.

When I have worked on a 3rrod / 0002 - what I have usually found is that a Mosfet has very slightly pried away from the contact points on the Mobo. Board flexing or poor factory job. Mosfets have a gate, drain and source connections

And most all my work has been Phat consoles

I just checked the boards over. Looked for culprits. Resoldered with either an iron or an air tool. Haven't found any dead Mosfets yet with a 0002, but find them all the time with a 0001

Maybe this helps - maybe is doesn't. Maybe there is an incorrect bridge in the RGH installaiton soldering

#3 magnus__hydra

magnus__hydra

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:08 AM

The 2nd box that work working find has 0010. This one I had put in it case and tested it out a few times on both rgh and retail sides. Now a 3rd box I worked on last week has became a red light. I don't know the error code the guys lives 30 miles away. How ever 2days later after him telling it red lighted. he tried turning it on again and it runs fine.... confusing lol.

#4 wilgo45

wilgo45

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE(magnus__hydra @ May 28 2012, 11:08 PM) View Post

The 2nd box that work working find has 0010. This one I had put in it case and tested it out a few times on both rgh and retail sides. Now a 3rd box I worked on last week has became a red light. I don't know the error code the guys lives 30 miles away. How ever 2days later after him telling it red lighted. he tried turning it on again and it runs fine.... confusing lol.

tough time understand this. the wording , the grammer - whoa

no offense. you can provide details. no need to fast track

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users