• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SoberWarlock

SoberWarlock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

I'm using the UnleashX skin called "Unleash Adsorption" and it has a splash screen (UXsplash.jpg). I checked the skin's xml file and there is no input on "Splash Screen" or any way to alter it. I have tried deleting the UXsplash.jpg and the splash screen still appears when restarting Xbox.

Splash Screen is a picture that fades up and fades down right before the intro (intro.wmv | if you have one).

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\UXSplash.jpg

It has to be 640x480, and has to be a jpg file.

I'm fairly certain that if you simply delete it UnleashX will recreate it at next boot, so if you want a blank screen you'll need to replace it with an all black 640x480 jpg.

Here's the one I use. It isn't blank, but (IMO) it's loads better than the standard one.

Edited by Heimdall, 30 May 2012 - 03:37 PM.

#3 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

Thanks for that. Interesting and useful to me too.

Can't think how I missed but I've always wondered where that UnleashX (and Xbox) logo was. I never thought to look in UDATA. I raided virtually every other folder, game, app etc looking for fonts, icons and images to add to my own skin editing resources but never looked there.

What I don't understand is what triggers this logo to be used. The only time I remember seeing it is when booting back to my main UnleashX dash from certain apps. It certainly doesn't appear when booting my main UnleashX dash.

Is there something like a <SplashScreen>xxxxxx.jpg</SplashScreen> command line in the skin.xml or other .xml that triggers it?

Edited by fallenangle, 31 May 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#4 SoberWarlock

SoberWarlock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:43 AM

E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\UXSplash.jpg
It has to be 640x480, and has to be a jpg file.

Sweet. Simple. Short. Thank you.

QUOTE(fallenangle @ May 31 2012, 04:11 AM) View Post

Is there something like a <SplashScreen>xxxxxx.jpg</SplashScreen> command line in the skin.xml or other .xml that triggers it?

This is what I was looking for aswell. But overall I have completely moved on to a different dashboard just recently: XBMC. UnleashX was just there because it was the best dashboard alternative for any auto installer, but once you softmodded your Xbox, XBMC became the ultimate answer. No more .xml editing for menus tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users